Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

digital trollmaster?

13 posts in this topic

Ok --

I got the suzuki kicker for my 185 trophy and now the sales guy thinks I would like the Trollmaster. What is it, anyhow?

What do you guys think?

what version would I want? Will I use it?

thanks

Hit

The trollmaster will have a remote that lets you control the speed of your boat from the console. All you have to do is put the motor in gear and the trollmaster does the rest. I have one on my T-8, and it works great. I use it all the time for trolling.

You'll most likely want the pro2 with the TM208D. This is very easy to install, takes a bit of tweaking to get it dialed in to offer the best range of speed, but simple if you take your time and follow the instructions.

I use mine more often than not, it really helps to replicate your trolling speed reliably and offers you better overall speed control.

Should I have the dealer put it in? They said they would do it for "free"

Why not the trollmaster 3 -- not sure what the difference is.

Trollmaster 3 is the same as 2 with the ADDED feature of steering control. They are intended to be linked to a panther steering unit. I hear they are painfully slow.

The pro2 are retailing now for $270. I see they raised the price recently?!

ah - -sounds like the pro 2 is the way to go since I will be running off of the wheel anyway

Is that the right way to think?

anyone else have thoughts on the trollmaster?

I would have the dealer put it in if they will do it for free. It's not hard to do, but if it's free why not. If you have the bar connected to your main motor that is all you will need to steer your boat.

I am thinking about getting the trollmaster for my Yamaha T8 which is set up tiller style. If I do, I am going to put a steering rod connecting the big motor and kicker that is detachable so I can run the kicker as a tiller or remote steer. I have never used the trollmaster, but have heard they are the cats meow!!!!!

Yeah -- still not sure

I can't order it now --too much flooding ...

I put a digital trollmaster 2 on my 22' offshore with a honda 8 hp high thrust kicker and it is awesome. The throttle control is so precise it is unbelievable. I also have the ez-steer to the main motor. I could never go without it now that I tried it.

I put one on my new boat. I tried it out last weekend while out just messing around breaking in the motors. Its sweeeet. I'm going to love it. Just the little bit I used it. I would not go without one again