• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any ideas

Here-Kitty-Kitty

So this is whats going on with my boat. I have a 17ft alumicraft that the front bow wood has rotted away. It is raised up about a foot above floor boards. I kept my gas tank up there. So here is my problem. The guy that I bought the boat from had a recessed door in the floor o the bow wood, but had no supports. This was a flaw from the start. Everything on the bow is torn out and I'm trying to figure out a new design. It does need to be able to tall enough to hold a 5 gallon and be accessible to fill. Also strong enough to hold a seat and person. Any and all help would be great.

you can rivot supports to the side and create a frame to rivot to the floor then add marine ply wood over the top they make car style gas tank were the gas spout is located outside of that area and you just fill up at the pump and have a gas gauge on your console then i would put and access panel in the front to be able remove the tank but that is just and idea

what kinda budget you lookin at, Ive done custom jon boat interiors, Id help ya draw something up if I had a pic to go off of if ya got the time to work on your boat, framing is easy once ya get the hang of it its a breeze. Post a pic and if I have some measurements I could draw something up, tell me what ya want the structure to have n I can draw up some options with framing n all, I dont go back to roofing for another week n a half so im quite bored right now smile

Kevin,

I also had an alumacraft with a similar problem as you. The wood in it was also wrotted, and the prvious owner used another layer of plywood on top of the wrotten stuff to cover up the problem.

17' Alumacraft overhaul

I opted for an aluminum floor instead of wood to reduce weight/future maintenance and I couldnt be happier with the results.

-Andrew

Wow Andrew,

You really did do a awesome job on that. My boat is the same as your with one exception mines not a center counsel. I like the looks of yours tho. Laska mine is the same as Andrews if you can come up with anything that would be great. I did already buy the marine board. Now all I need it a plan of attack. I was just thinking about cutting it out to form fit and laying it. Then cutting a hole for the gas tank, but use another piece about and inch wider then the hole and mounting that with some door hinges. I just don't know if I would like it sticking up.