Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Powerstroke

Bought our first RV!!!

12 posts in this topic

This past weekend I brought my wife down to the dealer to walk through the cam,per I'd been looking at. After doing quite a bit of research this winter and I had finally decided on a brand and model that is going to satisfy all of our needs.

We bought a 2009 Rockwood Roo 19. This is a tandem axle Hybrid travel trailer. For those that don't know hybrids, it has hard sides, the ends fold out into queen size tent beds.. For cold weather camping, I can leave the sides locked up and turtle on the dinnette or sleep on the couch. I got all the options I wanted and the wife got a few, like heated mattress pads. I have to admit, I might use those in the cooler months when I use this camper for hunting season.

I got a great deal of the RV, a Weight distribution hitch, brake controller and everything wired for under $18,000. I would've liked to get it a little lower, but after I got 4.5% financing through my credit union it didn't feel so bad.

I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy and I can't wait to use it. I pick everything up on April 11th. For now, its maiden voyage will be turkey hunting starting 4-19. I can't wait.

Congrats on the RV purchase Andy....Bet yoo don't remember me from the Ford Truck HSOforum.

Have fun with the RV, mine will have to wait till I can get a bigger truck, and truck camper...Which is a long ways down the road.

Congrats on the new toy. You will find that camping off the ground is nice. And if you go to some places like we do where there are no facilities like showers or water, have water and showers are really nice.

You'll like the hybird. Mine has the slideout and is heavier than I wanted but the extra floor room is nice.

You're deal is nearly cost. MSRP runs toward $26,000 and that's the price they ask out of deal and closeout season.

I'm not sure what the bumper looks like on that model. I have the square tube and use a receiver-type bike rack. The first time out we hit a bump and the bumper tore away from the fram. I had some supports welded on and now could cant several hundred pounds off the bumper.

Congrats on the new camper you will enjoy it.

Sifty

Thanks for the comments. This is something my wife and I have been talking about for the last year or so.

Lund4ver-I'm trying to think of who I know in Coon Rapids...although the Lund thing has me thinking of the guy who lived in Excelsior off Dogwood....name started with J i think.

Congrats! I really like the looks of that model. I have looked at a simular model. I need something bad for summer camping and Hunting.

Well, I've looked over just about every model in that length/weight bracket. Although I'm new to RV'ing I think I've got a good grasp of whats out there in the small RV market if you had any questions.

I chose this model because of its quality and high remarks. The Roo was one of the first in the hybrid movement. I like it because it has more insulation than the others. We chose this model because there is nothing in the way of the beds and I liked having a couch in my floorplan. This one also has lots of storage.

Powerstroke- email me please:

mrkmartin6_roks@yahoo.com

Congrats on your purchase! You will love it! We got the 21' and really wanted the 19' becaue of our towing vehicle. The 21' is very well balanced and worked out good. The load levelers are great and worth the money. We have had ours for three years and I wouldn't trade it for any thing else! lite,tows easy,and lots of room. The cross ventilation is grate and rarely use the ac unless its raining and have to close every thing up.

Congrats I think you will be really happy!