Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chode2235

Net size

9 posts in this topic

I need a new net, and am scouring the 'net for some good prices and to see what is out there.

What size of net do I need for walleye/bass fishing? I want to be sure that I am getting something to handle the networthy fish, but it also needs to be able to handle a good sized esox when I run into one on the water.

What size of net do I need for this?

Should I assume this means I should keep grabbing them by hand, or maybe get a boga?

I think you've answered your own question. You need a big net if you want to bag a good sized muskie without stressing yourself and the fish IMO.

Sound like you really need two nets. I don't recall the size, but I have one net that is perfect for walleye and bass(20"x20"?) and then I have a monster net for pike and muskies.(30"x40"?) I even have a smaller one I use in the spring for crappie fishing.

I don't like having that big net in the boat unless I know I'm going to need it.

I need a new net, and am scouring the 'net for some good prices and to see what is out there.

What size of net do I need for walleye/bass fishing? I want to be sure that I am getting something to handle the networthy fish, but it also needs to be able to handle a good sized esox when I run into one on the water.

What size of net do I need for this?

like rods, reels, and line; do not think there is a one size fits all.

Check out the new folda nets. They are somewhat pricey but they take up less room and you can whip them out in a flash. Beckman makes some nice nets and they are good quality and last as well. Tunrevir~

DOnt be so concerned about the size of the opening--but the depth and the quality of the net itself, a smaller head is easier to pull through the water when netting. A telescopic long handle is a must, no plastic anywhere (especially collars) on the net EVER--it will break, good luck