• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've seen enough of the NHL

SneakAttack

Wow. It is a free country.

Jump around and celebrate like a goof if you must.

OR, just raise your stick in the air like #99.

Either way, I still want to see him get railroaded with a hard hip check or shoulder to the chin. I don't like Mr. Ovechkin and that is my exercising of the 1st amendment. shocked

I agree with you Red. I think Ovechkin is over the top, but if that's what attracts viewers, so be it. I'm more of a fist pump guy instead of a TO type celebration. NHL needs all of the exposure it can get.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah no need for someone to hurt him. it is a free country, its just your image your tainting but that may bring others to watch the game if they were sitting on the fence.

i wonder what boogaard thinks? lets leave the judgement to him. eek

Pier bridge, i like the idea of going back to the old no goalie mask days crazy i couldn't imagine.

by the way should we now be calling you Zorbaz bridge wink

For those who think NHL is stupid because of the amount of games...take a look at the four major sports. All have large numbers of games except football. The MLB seems to be doing ok. They have 162 games seasons, double that of the NHL.

And yet the NHL season still lasts longer than the MLB season. The problem with the NHL and NBA for that matter is that almost half the teams make the playoffs. Which makes the playoffs go on and on and on for 2 months. The NHL should not be playing games when people in Minnesota are in shorts and t-shirts IMO.

I you want to show up the other team, cool, it is a free country. If the other team wants to respond to your actions in a clean way, by dropping the gloves or giving a clean hard hit that is their right also. Otherwiseif you can't take teh response keep you mouth shut and act like you have been there before. In my old school opinion.

As some of you may know Ovechkin is a big time ping pong player also.

And it appears some of his on ice antics have carried over to the Ping Pong court.

To me this is just a little over the top!

Alex is wearing the Blue "Capitals" Tee shirt.

As some of you may know Ovechkin is a big time ping pong player also.

And it appears some of his on ice antics have carried over to the Ping Pong court.

To me this is just a little over the top!

Alex is wearing the Blue "Capitals" Tee shirt.

">

Anyone see the player introductions for the state high school basketball games this year? What was up with all the goofy dance moves and handshakes?!? Some of those moves reminded me of breakdancing a few decades ago. How ridiculous!

I sure wish Mr Ovechkin wore a Wild jersey!!!!!

Hockey is a great sport, I was born in skates, its never going to be like the "old days" especially with all the new rule changes. I am not saying the rule changes are bad, I don't mind seeing alittle more scoring

I heard about it but didn't see it. Can you elaborate on what happened?

Sorry for the Hi-Jack but I'm interested on what exactly happened.

I don't really know if I can elaborate. The best way I can describe it is there was a whole lotta dancin' and corny moves goin' on. For some reason I saw it and it reminded me of Flavor Flav trying to breakdance.

with the balance sheets of a lot of the nhl teams u may not have to put up with them a whole lot longer. Max the salaries at 200,000 and find out who really wants to play. Would rather watch high school and college games anyday over the NHL.

One thing i think you guys are missing is that typical hockey games don't provide many opportunities to celebrate. Why is it that every time a play ends in a football game, the guys making the tackle have to act like they just stopped the last drive at the super bowl. Even simple little tackles these morons have to act like idiots.

If a guy wants to celebrate after he scores once or twice a game, let him. keep in mind this guy is a 50 goal scorer. Not a lot of guys fall under that category. Complete waste of time to ever compare him to a football player, let alone TO.

Ovechkin can do what he wants.

Ovechkin can do what he wants? Of course and he probably is the best player in the NHL.

If the Instigator rule wasn't in effect, Ovechkin can't do what he wants.

Before the instigator rule came into effect in 1992, players could not skate around and act like a clown or run superstars without paying the price for it.

Take the Instigator rule out of the books and the game goes back to way it was with more scoring, less cheap shots, and IMO, a better product

Did you ever see the guys who were great scorers before the instigator rule showboating like a clown, ABSOLUTLY NOT

Ovechkin is an incredible player. He hits, scores and even backchecks (take notes Gaborik). As much as I don't like showboating, I still think 50 is a pretty monumental point for a player to get to.....I know if I was going up against some of the goons in the NHL I'd be darn proud to score 50 and would be skating like a fool as well. The guy is also European.....they love to celebrate after a goal (see soccer). Comparing Hockey to Pro Football or Basketball isn't doing the sport justice. If those guys think there athletes try strapping on a pair of skates and getting in the rink with some of the hockey goons. I love the sport of Hockey and while it's never gonna be like the good ol' days...rule changes are necessary for the sport to evolve. On that note, Goalie pads NEED to be regulated. those things are out of hand these days.