• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've seen enough of the NHL

SneakAttack

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fans love it, some don't. I do.

This guy is the real deal. I'd rather watch it than watching basketball, where they like to say F-Bombs after a dunk+foul when camera is starring right in their faces or on live interview when they win a championship crazy...ring a bell? Yep, KG.

But I still love [both] guy(s)! Unconditionally, of course.

I have to agree wuth Quack. Hockeys never gonna be like the good ole days. The sport needs these kinds of players to bring people that usually wouldn't watch. I would think that besides from the purists out there that these type of celly's aren't a big deal. Been watching my whole life (30) and think that he is one of the best besides #99 and #66.

Someone will pound all that excitement out of him...just a matter of time.

The problem is he's so good its going to be tough to nail him. But yeah lets hope they crush him.

If it was just this one incident I'd let pass but he's been doing a lot of this Non-sense of late. The dumbest one was when rode his stick like a horse after an empty netter in blow-out victory...

Stay tuned... grin

Who cares what he does? Noone is watching it anyway. Both the NHL and NBA can be abolished for all I care. They both have too long of seasons and are boring as all [PoorWordUsage].

College hockey is much more fun to watch IMO.

Who cares what he does? Noone is watching it anyway. Both the NHL and NBA can be abolished for all I care. They both have too long of seasons and are boring as all [PoorWordUsage].

College hockey is much more fun to watch IMO.

Very Nice observation!

I will add Don Cherry cares about the NHL turning into a circus... grin

I don't see Ovichkin's move as disrespecting or degrading to hockey. Kind of what Otter said, every kid in the high school tourney was doing some kind of celebration. Most of the moves were the classic drop to one knee with a fist pump and then b-line it past the bench after every goal. Also, I know I can remember riding the stick every once and again just for fun when I was young. It draws some attention to the game, but not in a negative way. Now if he pulls a sharpie out of shin pads, that's another story.

Celibrating a goal after you score it is about pride and to turn/keep the momentum for your team.

Thats what fights are used for too.

All that right there is coming from my coach named Phil Housley.

He told are team that this year.

if you dont know who he is look him up and you'll find plenty.

Yes it is good to be humble sometimes and its good to be humble off the ice and to be happy and proud on the ice.

Jordyn

Originally Posted By: zepman
Someone will pound all that excitement out of him...just a matter of time.

The problem is he's so good its going to be tough to nail him. But yeah lets hope they crush him.

If it was just this one incident I'd let pass but he's been doing a lot of this Non-sense of late. The dumbest one was when rode his stick like a horse after an empty netter in blow-out victory...

Stay tuned... grin

That is sad how you guys are.

Your juding someone because he so good.

He worked hard to be that good and he can hit like a mother too..

its his efforts that got him to where he is.

If you guys would have worked as hard as him you'd be there right now and if you saw people saying this about you, im sure you wouldnt be to happy...

celebrating after a goal is fine, but when he's trying to do T.O. antics or was he being Jimi Hendrix with his guitar on fire? He's only making enemies that way but he dont care he's just that good. Gretzky or Mario never did that but they were class acts.

I guess I'm in the same boat as Jake. Little will keep me from loving the game. I don't have a huge problem with Ovechkin, he's a phenominal player. I don't really agree with the goal celebrations, nut I'm definitely not hoping someone injures him.

I would say we're pretty lucky to have a league made up of the best players in the world and be able to watch games here. Look at European teams, it's all the kids who didn't make the NHL and the old guys who couldn't take the NHL anymore.

For those who think NHL is stupid because of the amount of games...take a look at the four major sports. All have large numbers of games except football. The MLB seems to be doing ok. They have 162 games seasons, double that of the NHL.

Quote:
All that right there is coming from my coach named Phil Housley.

He told are team that this year.

if you dont know who he is look him up and you'll find plenty

pretty much everyone who pay attentions to hockey closely knows who this guy is......

I agree this doesn't make the top 50 of reasons not to watch the NHL.

Personally I'm not watching the NHL until they go back to the Gump Worsley days and they make the goalies play without mask's grin

Anyway it sounds like coach had a talk with him an explained to 23 year old super star that such "TO" celebrations although not intended could be considered to be mocking or showing up the other team..

Next!

Wow. It is a free country.

Jump around and celebrate like a goof if you must.

OR, just raise your stick in the air like #99.

Either way, I still want to see him get railroaded with a hard hip check or shoulder to the chin. I don't like Mr. Ovechkin and that is my exercising of the 1st amendment. shocked