Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onlydrakes4me

Mathews new bows

19 posts in this topic

Has anyone got a chance to shoot the new line of bows from mathews - the REEZEN line or the new MONSTER just wondering. If so what are your thoughts

I just got back from sheels this eve. I shot the mathews monster and holy shinkys!!! talk about a smooth shooting bow and quiet to. This one weighed in at like six pounds with all the sight quiver ect. By far the niced bow i have ever laid hands on a little spendy ,but if had the cash i know what i would be purchasing.

O ya and the fella working there said they would sell it by this weekend for sure, shocked

from what I have seen all I can say is wow. Does look alot like the X-Force though....

The Mathews run that plus a bit depending on what deal one can pull off from the dealer.

The one at sheels is around $850. Its deffinitly worth stopping in there to shoot it if you have some spare time.

I probably beter not shoot it unless I have that 850 in my pocket too

i own a matthews reezen and like it alot. FAST, smooth, holds well, has a bit of vibration and hand shock but with a STS and stabalizer its all gone now. Alot of people are bashing these bows but its becasue matthews shooters in the past are use to the butter smooth switchback and dxt and so on. Yeah the reezen pulls back a bit harder but the power has to come from somewhere and it still is a single cam bow so for me i found it to be smooth. and when i can have a 26 inch draw and fling an arrow around 290 or more and still keep a good group you dang right im a happy customer!!

thanks for info/ opinions. I currently own a switchback, was just thinking of getting a second bow, or upgrading.

8 point, do explain why? Just interested more than anything on your opinion why? I own a DXT and have no complaints whatsoever. Anyone out there shot the Monster yet?! Opinions?!

Can someone explain the monster to me? 2 cams now right? Any major issues now with keeping them "in tune" now or has Mathews come up with some way of having a two cam working like a single (if you get what I'm saying)?

It's my understanding that they came up with the Monster as a flat out speed bow. For some reason there's still people out there who thinks nothing else matters.

Even Matt McPherson himself came out as saying he wasn't much impressed but figured he had to have something to go up against the other bows that are marketing pure speed over anything else.

I have talked to a couple of guys that have shot the Monster, and they like it, although i think it is a little more work to tune due to the dual cams. I guess I would rather go with the REEZEN over the increased speed of the MONSTER.

Funny how things work, Matthews leading the charge for a long time, then PSE comes out with a smoking new set-up and then a follower.. Yes I shoot a PSE.

Not trying to start anything, but this is the way it is...

I think the reason Mathews decided to go with the dual cam bow was because there were people out there complaining that Mathews did not have a speed bow. I believe this is one of the reasons they decided to go with the dual cam. I think that Mathews has an excellent product in the Solo cam line of bows. Just had to market a product that would satisfy the SPEED GUYS