• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I know the ice is just coming off the lakes. How soon will there be fish in the hatchery? I am assuming pike may already be there and the first walleyes and muskies will be coming in soon?

If you have never been down to the Spirit Lake hatchery it is a good experience for both adults and kids too see. It never gets old for me to see fish of that size only a few feet away I try to make a trip down there every year.

I am bringing the family down on the opener for a week. Does the hatchery have tours?

You can visit the hatchery any time during the hours that it is open and just walk through. There are signs describing what is going on at each tank and there are workers there that can answer any questions that you may have at the time. I am not sure if there are ever actual tours at scheduled times...

I didn't get a chance to stop in when I was down there on Sunday but im almost certain that they should have walleyes by now or are will be getting them within the next few days I would assume muskies would be in the same time frame and pike should be getting released soon if they aren't gone already.

just an update for everyone who is thinking about going to the hatchery. I stopped in there today and they had no fish. They have already released the pike and will be starting with walleyes and muskies next Wednesday or Thursday night depending on what the weather does this weekend. I was also told that if they end up starting with walleyes next week that next weekend will be the first weekend they will be open otherwise regular business hours are 8-4 M-F.

I know when I was a kid in Spirit Lake this was always my favorite time of year. Every few years they net a State Record muskie too. I remember every year we walked around and saw the fish, then doing the same in our High School classes.

Eyes netted through Monday, according to the numbers I have.

Friday: 441

Saturday: 371

Sunday: 749

No muskie numbers yet but I think 35# is the biggest. I might swing by there after my DR's appointment today and get totals.

Lots of fish in there right now also an 11#+ walleye.