• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spro Bronzeeye Frog

ShoreGuy1984

I just bought two Spro frogs yesterday and was wondering if there are any good. For $8.99 each I would assume there are pretty desent. I bought one regulur frog (neon green), and a popper frog ( natual frog).

How would you guys rate them ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I missed alot of fish on these frogs, they have alot harder plastic than say Skum Frogs or a Bobbys Perfect Frog, so I put slits in the plastic right below the hooks so the plastic would be easier for a fish to smush down, thus exposing the hooks easier. Another alteration I made is trimming the tails by an inch or so, they have enormous tails and it only makes a bigger profile for the fish to miss. And one last thing is not adding as many glass rattles as I do to Skummy's, they are already hard enough and they dont have as much hollow space inside them but still a great bait none the less.

The spro is great, I don't typically use it unless I'm covering lots of water. When I throw for smallies in rivers I typically throw a cheaper cousin to the spro. Most of the bites happen within 3 or 4 twitches so I'm not concerned about the action. Also gets real expensive when pike inhale it and don't give it back.

I will throw a cheaper softer frog all day and have half as many misses and then throw the frog out at the end of the day. I much rather have to throw the frog away cuz its tore up than miss fish cuz the body is to hard. I have not had the best of luck with bronzeeyes nor the bass pro shops frog. Both you can cast a mile look real good but they just seam to be way to hard. Just my opinion. They must work tho.

I like em alot, and have good things to say about Bobby's Perfect Frog. BPF is a little softer, for a good hook set, one color in particular that just crushes them. Does not cast quite as far but a great bait. Just remember to set when you feel them, not see them. Frustrating bait until you get that down. Also have a senko for a throw back on a miss, deadly!

Anyone remember Grass Rats? Well they still make them, but I'd say about 5 yrs ago they had harder plastic bodies and I thought were unreal. Then the next season the plastic was WAY to soft and tore easy filling up with water, grr.

I like the harder body as the hooks won't tear through them as easy.

I have a harder time hooking up with a buzzfrog than I do a brozeeye. I blame user error:)

Love the bronzeyes, I prefer the jr. They all cast really well and havnt notice many misses as compared to when I used scumfrogs. Last year I started throwing these around docks and walking the dog with them and did really well. Ive hear the swamp donkeys walk even better so Ill probably pick one up this year if I can find them.

shoreguy alreay has the popper version... get him! lol I love popper style weedless frogs!they just displace more water, even on a steady retrieve. I have yet to get a popper version though, I think I have plenty of time though.

Tough to say goodbye to the snagproof ultapopper, what a bait!!!