• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What dates are you finding Morels?

Northen part of the cities was last week of April until about May 10th and then done. Found Grays first, then batch or Yellows just down from them. What dates did you find them in your part of state? smile

In SE MN I have found them from April 25 until May 20th. Mother's day is usually pretty close to the peak of the season. I haven't looked much past the 3rd weekend in May but I have a feeling you could find quite a few on north facing slopes.

EYEY, huum you gave me an idea? Maybe I will start out down South in early April and work my way up to your neck of the woods by June! I may bring a fishing rod of course! smile

Nate, looks like you and I are the only ones going to be out there looking this year?

We will all be out there...following you two around to your Secret Spots, before we hit our Super Secret Spots... wink

Hwy 95, Princeton, Cambridge, Latitude usually around Memorial Day...give or take a week...last year it was about a week or so later...

In 2006 I found the first blacks here on April 20th. That's the earliest I've ever found them out. Usually starts the beginning of May and lasts about 2 weeks. In 2005 I found the first on April 24th and was still picking on May 19th. Everything depends on temps and moisture conditions. 2005 was a great year. Last year was very poor, so I sure would like to see a banner year, as my stash is getting a little low. I find the blacks in popple stands, usually from 3-10 inches in diameter. I like bumpy uneven ground, hills sides or flat. The bumpy ground along the sides of logging roads is usually where I start. Hint, the side of a south or southwest facing hill can get awful warm on a 50 degree day but it still comes down to temp and moisture. A spot you pick hundreds one year may only produce a few the next! Another good idea is to look for spots with just dead leaves and hardly anything green except for maybe some moss. Blacks also like the base of the trees. On a few occasions I have picked blacks in the oaks but have rarely found them in pines.

Recon, thanks for the feed back. We have a camper on Edwards so I'm up there after May 1st all summer just about every week end. My buddy has a cabin up on Washburn so I have checked up off of co ro 155 I think it is that cuts up that way right out of Fifty, but have only found other types of shrooms growing. Maybe I'm to late. Have you ever ran up that road for a look?