• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice and lightning

heat checker

I suppose the same thing happens as when lightning hits the water in the summer. Not sure what that is but I would think you would see floating fish after storms if it killed them.

Given what lightning can do a to a huge tree trunk I would think it could cause serious damage to the ice. That being said I have no idea, just thoughts.

Just wondering if lightning hits the ice if and how much of the ice would become melted and would it electricute the fish or not? just a question i came up with, with all these storms and the ice still being on some lakes

don't know about it killing fish, but instant ice fishing hole.

if the fish gets nailed with the bolt he will feel it... it could kill fish but the chances of the bolt hitting ice are little to none, it will most likely hit the trees or something..

Yeah that something, beings lightning hits the highest thing if finds- could be a person standing out on the ice. Remember the US Open golf tournament at Hazeltine in the 90s? People thought hiding under trees was a good idea- not so much

Quote:
bass- for those who cant catch walleye and dont care what their fish taste like

I too think its absolutely hilarious, being that I fish bass all summer long and I've still caught bigger walleyes then him. Plus bass are mostly a sportsmens fish (well the big ones), meaning they're usually RELEASED anyways, not fried. ha.. ha.. ha... too funny.... madmad