• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Too funny Nate! hahahahaha!!! Actually I just looked at the real time flow data and the Brule is at 300 cfps right now which is pretty much unfishable and impossible to cross. I might be waiting til midweek now. 200+ is a challenge, 300+ is a cold frusterating day.

I f the Brule looks anything like the Middle or the Amnicon it will be unfishable and with the rain we got out there last night it didn't help things at all.

I guess I'll have to go and scout turkeys this weekend.

Jar Jar

Absolutely no way she'll be below 200 by sat. The Brule drops quickly out of flood stage, which I consider 300+ but will remain high for a while. With little to no rain, I would have that she'll dip below 200 middle of next week sometime. There's still a lot of ground water and potential run off if things thaw out at all. I'm guessing opener will still be around 240-260, which is tough, but fishable if the water clears up a bit. I've got my eyes on the north shore right now as well.

well shes wasnt below two hundred but she was close.

I really wanna to get out and stretch the legs, do a little fishing, and look for some new water. so i took off to the u.p. I left the house at 7pm on friday and got to Ontonagon at 1pm, water was froze and with the lack of access to the upper reaches of the river i decided to keep driving. At 3pm we rolled into Marquette. Saturday we fished the Carp river and check out the Chocolay River. Not to much was happening there. So, since i was in the driving mood i figured we would drive back over the brule and do some scouting on sunday. Sunday we hiked around 8 miles of the brule, from hwy 13 upstream, it sure wasn't the most fun hike, and wading definately wasn't fun( i'm not the biggest person in the world). All in all not to bad of a weekend, my [PoorWordUsage] hurts from falling down the hillsides on the ice and from the drivers seat.

The brule was around 213cfs when i left this afternoon. Clarity wasnt the greatest. Crowds werent too horrible. My thermometer read 38 degrees water temp this morning and 40 this afternoon. seems like these readings were a little high, i got a brand new thermometer so it might not be working right.

a couple of the fellas i talked to caught legal size chrome, (2 in total). some juvies were caught but besides this, not to much action.

speaking of action, my cloudveil 8x waders sprung 3 leaks and received one tear from this weekend. must have been when i slid 50-60 feet down an ice covered hillside on my bum, i think i caught every d@mn stump in the A$$ on the way down. pretty scary to when your holding onto your brand new sage z-axis and watching the tip bounce off every tree on the way down.

first weekend of steelheading and i've already got over 1000 miles on the rig.

tight lines,

Daniel

yeah, but it was fun.

i dont know whats up with my thermometer, i knew it was off, at one point i even tied 20 feet of tippet on it and chunked it out in the middle of a deep pool and let it sat for 15 minutes and it still showed 38 degrees! $20 bucks down the drain.