Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
polarsusd81

Anyone want to carpool to help out in the Fargo/Moorhead Flood?

7 posts in this topic

I am laid off from work right now and I think it would be great to head up and help out with sandbagging efforts. Anybody want to share the ride up there?

I will look into places to stay, maybe a hotel or two would be willing to give free rooms for volunteers.

I am not sure exactly when I would be able to head up, but kinda thinking head up tomorrow or Wednesday morning. Maybe staying two nights and then coming home on the third day after a shift of bagging efforts.

I think the job searching could be put on hold a few days to help people in great need.

- Please reply in this post -

This is a great idea Tom, I wish I could go along to help, but I cant do it right now.

That's an awesome idea. I'm way to busy at work to take off or I'd be there. Hopefully you find some folks. It's a very noble thing to put your problems on hold and help others in need. My hats off to you.

Tom, you might also find lodging with some HSO/FMers there for free. It's a mighty big family, after all. Maybe someone there will see this post and offer.

I know the flood of 97 played a big part in your life Steve. It would be nice to help, and with nothing else going on right now, I might as well do something.

If not for work I'd take you up on the idea. Hopefully a few guys will.

It would be nice to help.

It was that generous attitude from others that kept people like us going in 1997. Tom, I'm sure in Fargo/Moohread they'd love to have you and as many others volunteering as possible. In GF/EGF in 1997, I tossed sandbags next to people from every state in the Union before we stood there and watched it all wash away.

Yeah, even Rhode Island and Hawaii.