• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"New style" fish house

Uncle Grump

Question

I was in a bait shop in Clearwater Mn (I-94 at Hwy 24) this afternoon where we were registering our deer (we went 7/11).

At the shop there were two ice house-ish looking structures sitting outside. I opened the door, and sure enough, there were holes in the floor.

These things were made from some sort of black plastic material, had molded in benchs on either side - and were sized to fit in a S-10 / Ranger size pickup - sort of like a slide in topper / camper shell.

Couldn't tell if they are insulated. They did have some sort of hitch/drawbar attachment points on one side. Can't tell how heavy they were - they looked to be bolted to the concrete to prevent theft.

There was a large and small one, the large was $1375, and the small $1175. Seemed a bit spendy to me.

Had not seen these before, nor seen them mentioned here, and thought I would pass along the info.

UG

4 answers to this question

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hi Grump,
they contacted me and were interested in working with me until I asked about the weight and getting them in and out of the truck. They never got back to me on the weight. So I couldn't answer your question.

They did look very interesting.

Hi Grump,
Did they call this the Toy Box? I saw a ad for them in the 2003 in-fisherman Ice Fishing guide. Looks pretty heavy-duty to me. Needs some big boys to get it into the truck though.
Sturge1

FYI

Had another chance to look at these closer.

The large unit weighs about 450#, the small one about 325# (per the man at the bait shop). They are made of 3/16" +/- plastic - posssibly ABS. They are not insulated. There are no windows - but there are vents on each end.

UG