Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pistol Pete

Ice fishing houses with wheels question

14 posts in this topic

IMO, I have a problem with Ice Castle houses. They use angle iron in their trailer and i have seen many people that have had problems related to this. They do have their place. If you just like to fish local lakes and take it easy on the ice they are fine. But if you are going around the state ice fishing I would recomend getting something like a Lodge fish house. All tube trailer and built to last. spray foamed etc.... Ice Castles are cheap but you get what you pay for.

Performance Enginering houses are well built and don't have the high sticker price.

Shack Rack

Mille Lacs Customs

Performance Engineering

Distinct Builders (Lodge)

All much better than an Ice Castle.

i would recommend hardwater series! they will custom make whatever you want!

WOBLONG, do you own a King Crow? What do you like about it?? Are the trailers well built? I was thinking about making a run over to Kingston and looking at them.

Look for a big sale from King Crow in the spring of the year. They usually have one every year.

i would recommend hardwater series! they will custom make whatever you want!

where can we find more info on them??

IMO, I have a problem with Ice Castle houses. They use angle iron in their trailer and i have seen many people that have had problems related to this. They do have their place. If you just like to fish local lakes and take it easy on the ice they are fine. But if you are going around the state ice fishing I would recomend getting something like a Lodge fish house. All tube trailer and built to last. spray foamed etc.... Ice Castles are cheap but you get what you pay for.

i dont mean to hyjack this. but i hear all the time about people dont like the frames on the ice castles because there angle iron? we've had a 8X18 for 4 years now and towed it from mankato to red lake a bunch of times as well as all over around home and the leach lake area and NEVER had a problem with anything. now maybe it you put your 4wheeler and a bunch of gear in it you might start to see problems but we havent. and ours doesnt have brakes either, we pull it with a 2500hd and we can stop just fine never had a problem with that either? i dont like the particle board on the inside but were changing all that to cedar this summer. other than that i have now complaints and have had a great time in the house. maybe a tube frame one would be needed for someone that really drives hard and what not, but for my needs this house excedes them?

you can take a look at their HSOforum www.mympcs.com or give Mike a call at 218-428-8144, real nice guy. these houses are really nice and well built! the hydraulics are sweeeeet!!

Also check out shackrack.com. Same type of house as those hardwater series. Really good quality. Call Ern 507-840-1040. Also a very good guy.

Originally Posted By: kevfish1

i dont mean to hyjack this. but i hear all the time about people dont like the frames on the ice castles because there angle iron? we've had a 8X18 for 4 years now and towed it from mankato to red lake a bunch of times as well as all over around home and the leach lake area and NEVER had a problem with anything. now maybe it you put your 4wheeler and a bunch of gear in it you might start to see problems but we havent. and ours doesnt have brakes either, we pull it with a 2500hd and we can stop just fine never had a problem with that either? i dont like the particle board on the inside but were changing all that to cedar this summer. other than that i have now complaints and have had a great time in the house. maybe a tube frame one would be needed for someone that really drives hard and what not, but for my needs this house excedes them?

You have an 8'X18' without brakes??? How much does the house weigh? If it is 3,000# or over you will need to install brakes to be legal!