Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wayne Ek

Rain - Alexandria area

8 posts in this topic

We were out on Lobster yesterday and the ice looked good. Last night we had over 1.5-inches of rain and it is still raining as I write this. The shoreline ice started to move away sometime last night. I'm thinking with all this rain the late ice panfish bite will be in full swing.

This rain will be certain doom for the ice. Although I haven't been able to get out, this is by far the latest late ice panfishing I can recall in recent years. When is the last time you were out on the ice in the 3rd week of March (south of Mille Lacs anyways)

When is the last time you were out on the ice in the 3rd week of March (south of Mille Lacs anyways)

Last year. I was out ice fishing well into April last year. My cousin caught a limit of big slab crappies on the ice from Rush Lake April 24th last year.

Originally Posted By: metrojoe
When is the last time you were out on the ice in the 3rd week of March (south of Mille Lacs anyways)

Last year. I was out ice fishing well into April last year. My cousin caught a limit of big slab crappies on the ice from Rush Lake April 24th last year.

The ice out date for Rush last year was April 24th. Did you use a canoe to get to the ice?

He found a small bit on the north end of west. It may have been the 21st. I will call him to double check.

Last year I had my dock and lift in on the 20th on Knife Lake. The way it looks that could even happen sooner this year. I would not want to bet any big money on old Mother Nature. LOL

He found a small bit on the north end of west. It may have been the 21st. I will call him to double check.

I'm sure there was some ice somewhere. I guess I'm not that hardcore. My last trips always seem to be the first week of March. I'd be out there now if I could.(maybe not today, but this past weekend for sure)

I wanted to head out today, but the rain kinda stopped my plans. Thinking I will head to Fargo/Moorhead now to help with sandbagging efforts.