• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red River Flood Fight 2009 *pics added almost daily*

So Cliffy, would you say I was a nut case for still wanting to buy the house on South River Drive? Spent an hour there with our realator again tonight surveying the damage. It didn't turn out too bad, they had 4 inches of water after the city told the bank that their leavy would never be high enough, so they turned off the power and left. bring with it 4 inches of water since the pumps didn't run with out power. Dike held up though.

Only you can say if you are nuts or not. I like the neighborhood......we dont take much for calls for service in that area...so low crime area is always good. If you are cool with the house...then go for it.

For me, I will never live any closer to the river than where we are at now..which is about 48th ave and 6th st. south. I dont care to go through this experience again.

Do want you feel is right and I am sure it will work out in the long run. Good luck and take care

Cliffy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I come across more pics, I dunno why but its hard to look at. Alot of us worked soo hard sometimes 24 hours a day for day after day, and we got so lucky that things went as well as they did.

Weird to think something like pictures reminding me of what we went through can bring tears to the eye. I hope to god I never see anything like this ever again in my life.