• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportsman's closeout sale

East Rush Rules

I stopped by SW today. Not exactly giving it away yet. Appears that most of the "good stuff" was shipped out before the big closing store sale started. Anybody know how long the sale lasts and if they will slash prices later. Most lures hooks etc.. was 20% off. Ammo was 5% off, did find a couple of boxes of 16 guage for the Citori. If we get a few more snow storms and a wet spring I am not sure what I will use the shells for next fall, maybe ducks.

The way things are selling I wouldn't count on prices being slashed anytime soon. It's amazing to me how fast some things have gone with a minimal clearance, 10 percent on rods and reels and a lot have been sold. I'm guessing that most rods will be gone within a few days if/when the sale hits 20 percent. Closing will take place between mid-May and June, unless everything is sold before then.

I stopped by Fleet Farm last night and they had a bunch of Gulp for $2.49 a bag. What a steal! Did Sportsman's have any Gulp or Powerbait on Clearance?

That is a steal!! Which Fleet Farm was that at? Plastics were 20 percent off i believe, including their gulp and powerbait stuff.

I stopped by Fleet Farm last night and they had a bunch of Gulp for $2.49 a bag. What a steal! Did Sportsman's have any Gulp or Powerbait on Clearance?

I don't know if it's still going on or not, but Berkley has rebates on that as well. I think it's buy 4 bags and get $5 back. That way you're looking at $1.50 a bag! I picked some Gulp up at Fleet Farm, but one thing I noticed is that some of it had been there a while and a lot of the bags were dried out.

The $2.49 Gulp at FF is only on specific ones and they're all older ones. They've been trying to unload them for quite awhile. Sportsmans had the plastics/lures etc. 20% off the last I saw. I picked some plastics and raps up right after they started clearing out before they got picked over.

I looked the rods over pretty close and I didn't see anything in the 50% off range. I thought I had a pretty good sense of what the tackle selection at the St. Cloud store was. I killed a lot of time there. It appeared that a lot of crankbaits that were once there, are no longer. Not even the oddball colors that are not popular sellers. Unless somebody came in and completely cleaned a particular brand out, I think they shipped them to the stores that are staying open under a different owner or name. But apparently some people think there are bargains to be had. I also noticed that a lot of the top clothing, Browning, Filson, etc.. Gone, not even any smalls or xxx large stuff left. Again, probably shipped out before the sale started.

Nope, all of those crankbaits were sold in store as far as I know. People just bought them up like crazy, Rapala's especially.

As an FYI, lures went to 25 percent off today, and rods and reels were at 20 percent.

I was at the Coon rapids store and I think the Rapala isle was cleaned out after the first week of 10% off. I didn't realize people were that desperate. What's ironic is Cabela's was having their 25% off Rapala sale at the time...