• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grrr

NASCAR took a huge step backwards with the COT car I believe. All they did was equalize the teams with the car. One might as well run an Iroc race.

I know that a loose car is fast and Kyle likes a loose car. He is not the only driver in cup that can race a loose car to say the least.

This team has found something in the car set up or motor that is a bit faster just like some teams dominate the plate tracks or at least use to when they raced real cars and not these COT beasts.

Kyle is running very well for now but others will figure out what they already have. I wonder why Kyle's team does not share some stuff so all the Gibbs cars can run that well?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyatas= foreign... sorry. All the advertising and products go overseas.. Except the jobs that they employ here in the USA.

Im an american and will always support the big three in any sport or anything else. Talk to anyone who knows where the money goes to.

Just like overseas based jobs that ship products to USA. a joke.

Put him in a USA car and then you wll have the same employees and jobs.. so its not toyota bringing the jobs here.

Trouble I see is Hamlin is not near as fast as Kyle. There are many drivers in NASCAR that can drive as well as Kyle but they have something on the rest. Only time will tell.

Just maybe the other drivers can't drive as well,with the COT? grin

Well I can see this was blown out of proportion, but I suppose I wasn't clear when I said Gibbs is a traitor. I was referring to being a traitor to NASCAR. He used to have a championship team running Chevrolets but bailed on them when the money came knocking and turned his back to the history, tradition, and fan base of NASCAR. Like they say, money talks, and I guess in this case honor walks.

I loved when he was quoted in the star trib calling his crew "ladies"...

I bet they all like him about as much as everyone else seems to!

I dont think he meant that to be as insulting as much as motivating. It worked.

Anybody else think there have been more issues on pit road then in the past few years? It seems there have been a lot of bonehead moves by both the driver and crews this year and we're only five races into the season.

Pit crews have reached the limits of how fast they can go. Trying to push beyond that can have bad results.

Well said sled, one you reach a point, the only thing that happens is mistake by trying to hard to go faster. I beleive they have hit that point.

Sifty

as far as other teams catching up and finding the same thing the 18 has

i'm not sure bout that and that other drivers have the talent kyle has i'm not sure bout that either just take a look at guys like biffle edwards havick

burton guys that run outside the cup on regular basis none of those win like kyle is its not just something in the 18 its in everything he drives

one thing that makes him better than most is i think he relatesinfo to the crew that needs to be done to the car

if you saw the interveiw with gordon even he said kyle has talent

this is his 3 or 4 yr in cup racin how many guys have done what hes done in all 3 series

well langano be that good in 3 yrs

i dont think so

he just one of those guys that comes along and is just a tick or 2 above the rest

I sure some of the drivers a running to make it to the chase that has been the goal since the chase came into play.

We all saw what happened with the 18 last year.

I give him the fact that he has been running great since the switch in teams but with the chase all that matters is getting into it and then running well when it is going on.

Wins are nice to have and the cash from them add up quickly,but the drivers you listed above all finished above the 18 in the chase last year.

Sifty

I agree that Kyle wins races but so do many others. They have found something that makes his cot car a bit faster. Yes, Gordon said he is a great driver but Jeff has also said that about many other drivers active today.

Lets see if he can win a championship and then he will move up into the ranks of the great ones.

I dont think winning the Championship in NASCAR/or finishing above people necessarily makes you a better driver in NASCAR.

So if a guy finishes in the top 10 all year (wins no races), has a good chase and wins the championship/or finishes near the top of the standings..

is he necessarily a better driver than the person who might win 8-12 races, yet have a few DNF for mechanical reasons or crashes?

JJ won last year, but I thought Carl Edwards was the better driver and had a better season. If Edwards wouldnt have blown up in Atlanta, hed be the champion, right?

Winning championships is a full team effort, therefore I dont put much stock in winning championships in the Chase format as being the only measuring stick of how good a driver is.

Who remebers the guy that won alot of races 10 years later? They remember the champions. I have yet to hear a person state that so and so won the championship but boy was so and so good that year.

I don't believe there is a good driver out there winning races without a great team. Its a team effort to win a race or the championship.

At the end of the season, 2nd is the first of the losers.