• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stoa?????

MUSKY18

Who thinks that Stao will be back for another year? I certainly hope that he will come back and believe that he will. Don't think he wants to go out with season like he just had, although he did lead the WCHA in scoring, he is more of a team guy and think he will come back to lead the Gophs to a much better season to end his college career on.

I think we will see him in an Avs uniform in the next couple of week but I would love to have him back. Come on Stoa stay one more year, do you want to be a state legend like Leopold and Pohl in their senior years or just another gopher that went pro early.

The latter and its not really early he graduated didn't he?

Lets see another year of College Hockey or a big fat pay check "for a college student anyway" the paycheck usually wins that one!

i thought the same as you, senior in school but a junior on the ice(redshirt). please correct me if i am misinformed.

Not sure if he was redshirted or not, but although he is technically a senior, he has another year of eligability left to come back and play.

One other thing........I think he will be back next year as he didn't take part in senior night this past season. I am banking on him wearing the "C" for yet another season.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
The latter and its not really early he graduated didn't he?

Lets see another year of College Hockey or a big fat pay check "for a college student anyway" the paycheck usually wins that one!

i thought the same as you, senior in school but a junior on the ice(redshirt). please correct me if i am misinformed.

Correct, he got a redshirt year so he would have been a senior this year. I certainly wouldn't balme him for going but it would be really nice to have him back.

Yes he can but he'd still have to take either graduate level courses or work on a 2nd major/minor and be enrolled in school taking at least the minimum number of credits allowed to be eligible to play. I think he'll come back.

ok makes sence now. it would be pretty sweet if he did, but like was said before a big paycheck to start paying off those student loans. we can all hope.

I don't think too many of the gopher players have to worry about student loans.

I'm hearing its 50-50 on whether he returns. I sure would be suprised if he comes back. Heck I'm just hoping Jordan Schroeder comes back at this point.

from GPL they've been saying from a family source that Schroeds will leave if there is an offer he likes. Nothing much on Stoa but will be surprised if he stayed...kinda like Tebow but no Championships! laugh

I'm not surprised he left. The Gophers weren't likely to be a contender for the national championship next year and I actually think Stoa's style might be better for the NHL. I think Schroeder is also quite likely to leave but really hope he sticks around to make the Gophers at least mediocre next season! Hoeffel will have to step it up now to replace Stoa.

Good luck in the NHL Mr Stoa, you will be missed.

If we can keep Schoeder I can see our top line being just as dangerous, Hoeffel might be able to step right in and put up some good numbers, he had a great 2nd half. I'm not sure where the rest of the scoring will come from but we will need some guys to step up next season if we are going to contend for anything.