• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am in Somerset, Pa for about 3 months. Looking for help on finding places to hunt and fish. I am willing to travel on weekends to fish. I would be interested in lake Erie, The atlantic.... anywhere I can get some fish! Any Info would be awesome!!

It's probably nothing like the fishing your used to back home but in about 2 weeks the crappie should start hitting at lake somerset. then walleye opens about may 10th? I live right in somerset and usually fish weekdays alone if your interested in fishing from a boat. I usually anchor for crappie and troll bottom bouncers for walleye.

If your into stream stocked trout laurel hill creek about 10/15 miles away is probably one of the best. Yough river is open year round at some places near confluence but it is normally bigger faster water than usual around here. I don't normally fish for trout so i can't help there.

We fish lake erie tribs a lot for steelhead but it is drawing to an end. May make one more trip up in about 2 weeks. I also occasionally go up to erie to fish on a head boat for perch but the last couple trips last year were slow. It usually picks up in june. They used to charge $28 per person for a trip out that lasted from 7 till 1 or 2 o'clock. If there are 3 or 4 guys to go and we split the gas it doesn't cost to much.

Hey Thanks for the reply! I was beginning to think no one from PA was on this site!!! I would love to go fishing anytime and am more than willing to pitch in for gas etc. Let me know if you are going out. I will be working most week days but have weekends and some days will have time after work to go out.

I can't get out tomorrow and i don't know what the weather change will do but today many 9 to 10 inch crappies were being caught at greenlick dam near mt pleasant. I kept about 35 but guys using minnies were catching them left and right. We were all out in boats and fishing in water about 6 to 9 feet deep.

It's to early to tell what i'll be doing next weekend but if your interested let me know and if a can get back there your welcome to go along.

My phone number is 445 5155. dave foy