• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Hockey Bracket and official thread.

PierBridge

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible the 16th Seed in the Tournament. They Won in overtime in their Conference Tournament just to get into the NCAA Feild.

Guess that's why we play the games, eh?

Hmmm, talk about your hackneyed shlock. PB says a 16th seed advancing this far is incredible. I say that's why we play the games. Such original commentary it oughta be on TV! Blah, blah, blah. gringringrin

Beavers, let er rip!

I can't tell you how proud I am of this Beaver hockey team. I get to skate with some of the Beaver players in the summer and know most of these guys. Coach Serratore is a class act.

This should get BSU into the WCHA and getting a new arena will help with recruiting.

You just never know what can happen if you have a hot goaltender.

They kind of remind me of the '97 Sioux team. Small, tons of speed, skill o'plenty and they are riding a hot goalie. Everything has fallen into place so far. Best of all they don't have to play BU right off in DC. If they win the first round I'm gonna go see the championship game.

GO BEAVERS!

Beavers win was best game I never saw.

Back in the 70s when they were winning NAIA championships, nobody knew until they got back on campus.

Congratulations for being one of the original and True Beaver Fans Ron!

Now didn't they go D2 and have some success also?

Red, I know their Goaltender is very Good but I have to give more credit to the rest of team. They played their [PoorWordUsage] off for 120 minutes and were relentless with their speed and tenacity. This was no fluke or hot Goalie that earned them this Frozen Four!

It just shows you don't need to be a big physical team to get it done!

Congrats to you too RedLake!

Sorry about the .1 game though.. grin

Thank you Peir. I do appreciated your kind words. I don't feel one bit bad for my Sioux team. They also earned the end of their season. Maybe next year.

It is a long wait until April 9th. Maybe the snow will melt by then.

I am not sure why hockey isn't more popular. It is such a fun game to watch. Anyone have any ideas on why this is?

They kind of remind me of the '97 Sioux team. Small, tons of speed, skill o'plenty and they are riding a hot goalie. Everything has fallen into place so far. Best of all they don't have to play BU right off in DC. If they win the first round I'm gonna go see the championship game.

GO BEAVERS!

I agree. Coach Serratore has this team peaking at the right time and believing. The play a fun style of hockey to watch.

While I cheer for two teams wearing green and white, I can say BSU getting to the FF wasn't quite expected. It was a fun weekend to watch hockey. It will be fun in DC (and in Bemidji)!

wish Air Force could have made it. 2 brothers from Coleraine showng the east coast how to play hockey I guess was to much to ask for.

ESPN should never be allowed to show another hockey game. They buried it beneath lacrosse giving more credence to their east coast bias. Fox should be given the rights to the tourney so they can regionalize it like cbs does.

Amen on that papabear. Happens every year when NCAA tourament comes around you don't get to see your team play in the regionals because you need a station that your cable company doesn't carry. Why don't they sell the rights to your local station? Why does ESPN want college hockey when they would rather have womens basketball or lacrosse on. I don't get it.

ESPN should never be allowed to show another hockey game. They buried it beneath lacrosse giving more credence to their east coast bias. Fox should be given the rights to the tourney so they can regionalize it like cbs does.

Be careful what you wish for, Fox is so in love with that one-who-thinks-I-am-silly Darrell Waltrip that they would probably make him the play by play guy. Then he can bring down the level of commentary 100 full IQ points. Or, we could get Terry Bradshaw doing the commentary. He'd be jumping in front of the camera and wrambling endlessly so nobody could see the game. My god, I think I need some anti-depressants or more alcohol quick!

You have to love ESPN U. The channel nobody has. May a camel with a weak kidney find ESPN's jellybean jar.

I got to see the game online from ESPN U someone had a live stream on his HSOforum, every time the Beavers scored....the chat box went crazy!! They were all wondering where Bemidji was! It was fun. I should have posted the link...it was a fun game to watch! Go Beavers!

Ok from what I understand the NCAA delays the hockey tourney so its not the same weekend as the basketball Final Four, someone please correct me if I am wrong. Really what is the point of this? I can't imagine too many hockey fans care to much about basketball and vice versa. Take a team like Bemidji who is on fire right now, all of the sudden they have to wait two weeks to play again. I say get them on the ice this Thursday!