• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Hockey Bracket and official thread.

PierBridge

I knew he retired. I was at the Sioux game the night they honored him. I believe it was a Sioux vs Denver night the year after the Pioneers won the NCAA tournament. I've seen some of his articles on UND's hockey HSOforum as well, just thought after this year's loss he might want to give it up completely. What a way to end the season with 3 straight losses all to supposed underdogs. eek

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he'll ever give it up, Joel. Not until he's at death's door. Since he was a little kid, hockey's been too big a part of his life to walk away from just because the Sioux played poorly at the end. As I'm sure you know, he's seen so many teams come and go, and he lived through those stinking horrible Sioux teams of the 70s and early 80s, so he's had a fair amount of this kind of disappointment.

Still stings for the team and the fans, though, doesn't it? frownfrown

Well, I can sure root for the Bulldogs with no problem. I've always liked that team when they weren't playing the Sioux. The Gophers, on the other hand . . . gringrin

Go Bulldogs! Earn the whole ball of wax for the WCHA!

yak, I agree. You can't allow that many goals and expect your offense to pick up that much slack, particularly in tournament hockey. I think the goaltending was just a symptom, however. There's something more than that wrong with that team's morale.

This Tournament is about as crazy as anything I've seen in sports.

College Hockey is just nuts right now and you're right Yak Goaltending is just about everything in the game in right now.

First Michigan a number one seed loses to Air Force out-shooting them 43-13. Air Force Hockey?????

UMD pulls out the greatest come back in the History of College Hockey scoring 2 goals in the last 30 seconds including the tying goal with .3 left.

And then the North Dakota game. I thought the Sioux played a great game and pretty much dominated until the end. ONE TENTH of SECOND! That can't even happen can it?

I'll take the blame for this one. I rarely root for the Sioux but ALL things considered I really wanted that one Bad for the all the community's in the Valley and their Fans.

Good thing its just a game and doesn't mean anything in grand scheme of things but this sure was a tough one!

YEP! Go Dogs!

I will add I think we all are being too hard on our teams.

There are so many kids across the Hockey belts "country" playing year round Hockey now and the rest of the Teams have a much bigger talent pool to help them build good teams. They really have caught up to our once dominant monopoly we are a accustomed too.

When was the last the time the WCHA only had one team alive in the NCAA Tourney at this point? I'll say NEVER or not in a very long time. And it took a goal with .3 just to accomplish that, thankfully!

What a great Sioux/UNH game, sioux fans don't be too hard on your team, they did show up to play but when you have two evenly matched teams you are not going to dominate every minute and funny things can happen. It was really a fun game to watch as a bystandard and really it was a maricle they tied the game in the first place. These things happen, you were just on the wrong end of it. Sure a part of me likes to see the Sioux go down (Goph Fan) but its also not fun watching the WCHA teams get knocked out early. With that said GO UMD & BSU!!!

PB, We'll let you take the blame grin

But seriously, the question all year for most of the WCHA teams has come down to goaltending. Many young goalies and lots of hot and cold streaks. The real reason UND one so many games was the depth of scoring they achieved not the shots that got stopped. They had three solid scoring lines. The good news is the Sioux are short on superstars this year so it should make it a little easier to re-load for next season.

Go Bulldogs!!! (deep down Sandelin still bleeds green!)

And for what it's worth GO BEAVERS!!! wow 2-0 BSU after one.

6-5 UNH tied it up with 0.1 seconds left. Not one second but point one seconds. They then won the game 45 seconds into OT. The Sioux looked good most of the game, but they had a few defensive breakdowns and the scoreboard says it all. Vande Velde was awesome!

GO BEAVERS 3-0 6:41 left in the second. ESPN classic if you are looking for it.

Susies are not a team that can play a different style "aka play with a 2 goal shell" and be successful! IMO very poor coaching job in the fact that they did not continue to attack the zone that made them successful earlier in the game! Hakstool doesn't get it done again!

Great run for the Bulldogs. I had fun at the game last night even though Miami eeked it out. The last two minutes was interesting anyway.

Go BSU!! Can't believe they beat Notre Dame so handily.

It's almost like you are better off being a #3 or #4 seed this year.

Incredible the 16th Seed in the Tournament. They Won in overtime in their Conference Tournament just to get into the NCAA Feild.

Talk about a small, fast, tough team! I swear every Colgate player was a half a foot bigger than the Beavers Players.

But the Beavers just kept grinding they were relentless in both Games and deserve this Frozen Four Big Time!.

Go Beavers!