• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Hockey Bracket and official thread.

PierBridge

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Beavers are going to beat Notre Dame!!! and possibly making the Frozen Four...that would be exciting for their program.

I don't like seeing Denver and UMD in the same regional but I guess thats how it works with the pairwise rankings. When was the last time Gophers did not make the NCAAs. Maybe next year...hopefully.

The east regional is probably the weakest regional out of all 4 regionals. But it aint easy, it will be exciting to see what happens next weekend!

I think UMD, Notre Dame, BU and MI will make it to DC. BSU will give ND all they want, but in the end ND's depth should win the game in the 3rd. DU has to be ticked that UMD is in their bracket. DU may make it past Miami, but depending on how Bozek plays and if they can get a healthy scoring lineup, they won;t beat UMD. As far as UND goes, I certainly hope this weekend was a wake up call. I would imagine they will get by NH but may meet a team that will probably win it all in BU. If anyone can beat them it's the Sioux - if they find and play their game.

Let's go BSB - Bemidji, Sioux and Bulldogs . . . !

"In heaven there is no beer, That's why we drink it here, And when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all our beer. Ba Pa Ba Pa Ba Ba Ba..."

Call me crazy but my money is on the Duluth Bulldogs to win it ALL! They are coming out of the Minneapolis Bracket if they keep rolling like they are.

New Hampshire, ND, and Boston U is a cluster_uck and who knows what will happen there. Best goaltending will come out of that mess.

Cornell will come out of Grand Rapids. And, probably Michigan from Bridgeport.

So, your Frozen Four is Michigan, Cornell, UMD, and Boston U.

Red, I agree. I also think Duluth has a great shot at making it through the regional. It all depends on what Denver team shows up. So I'll go with Michigan, Duluth or Denver, Cornell and BU. The Sioux got the unlucky draw. That Northeast Region is tough! The winner of that region is national champ.

BU, Michigan, UMD, and Northeastern for Frozen4. UMD vs BU for Final. I honestly don't know who wins that one. I'd like to go UMD, but that would be a very tough game.

North Dakota got hosed in their bracket. Two very good teams they need to beat plus the hostile crowds.

UMD better beat Princeton. I just got tickets for Saturday's game w/o going to Friday's (fingers crossed)

I was thinking the same thing Ten Thousand. Those sum-a-beech's have an east coast bias like I have never seen. ESPN doesn't watch a lick of college hockey in the midwest and then they take over and manipulate the tournament. You know that money talks. It almost got the goofs into the tournament. This is why I could never ever cheer for an eastern school. No way. Go UMD, North Dakota, Bemidji, and even the dirty pioneers of Denver.

Lets hope the WCHA and Bemidji State represent us well.

And where the heck is Dietz his boys "beavers" are in the dance and he's a NO show! Darn Bass guys are so full of themselves..J/K.... grin

Not good considering 'ole Dietzer was the MASCOT for a time while attending BSU!.... whistle

What is/was the mascots name again?

Certainly not the "Maroon Loon"...

It seems the selection committee has changed the way they group WCHA teams together since 2005 when it was an all WCHA frozen four (UM, UND, CC, and DU). I agree it stinks, but I'm not complaining when UMD got in a bracket with DU.

The "maroon loon" is by far the best mascot I have ever seen in action. Back in the 80's and 90's the loon would skate around the old Winter Sports Center in Grand Forks between periods. Hilarious stuff. Physical comedy like tripping over the blue lines and crashing into the boards. Crashing into the players boxes. The loon would drag around a stuffed bulldog on a string and speed skate around the ice. Funny stuff.

I was at a game in Duluth last year where they brought back one of the really old Bulldog teams. They also brought back one of the older Maroon Loons. He had his kids out there with him which was cool to see.

Here's some of my favorite Maroon Loon memories:

-Ability to skate around on ridiculously tall stilts

-"Ice skiing" behind Zamboni

-kicking the [PoorWordUsage] out of Goldy

-hot tubbing with some ladies out on ice at intermission

-squirting water gun at Gopher fans (see a theme here?)

-sledding down stairs at Decc

-trying to push "Champ, aka Killer, under zamboni