Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mozy

Drop Shotting for Walleyes?

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone used this technique for walleyes? I know it's really popular with bass fisherman, but it seems like it would have applications for eyes too. Was thinking about throwing it into shallows with a gulp leech?

I've done it a little, mostly on deep/steep weed edges, or over deep mid-lake structure, or in current areas. In all the places I've used it walleye fishing I've done it vertically, I haven't tried throwing it shallow, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't work. I'd say give it a shot and let us know how it works.

On the river I've done it alot, #8 wide gap for crawlers/ #6 for minnows and a pinch on bb shot

Some friends of mine have dialed it in on the mud flats of Mille Lacs. It's fun watching them do it while I go "riggin' by".

i have caught some eyes accidentally fishing for bass with a drop shot last year with a smaller fluke style bait on a weed line

i have caught some eyes accidentally fishing for bass with a drop shot last year with a smaller fluke style bait on a weed line

Yep winkwhistle

I'm going to try it this spring for sure. It just seems that it would present the leech in a realistic manner, hopefully it works.

I use it in rivers when I want the bait to be stationary on the bottom but don't want to retie hook after hook after hook. Effective and economical!