• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fl8 v.s. fl18

Question

Im looking to buy a vexilar this year and i am trying to decide weather I should get a fl8 or a fl18...i have been looking at the two and really cant find much of a differance in the two and would appreciate some help on what the differnces are. Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

i was looking at reed's and was wondering what is differnt about the dual beam trans. and the ice trans. i would think the 9&19 degree trans. would be more versitle but are there dis advantages too?

I just bought a Fl-18 w/dual beam from Reeds. I like it alot.
I used it in deep water during the summer, it makes a difference w/ the bottom lock feature.
The 9 deg. also helps if you are fishing on a drop-off so the "dead zone" isnt that big.
And the 19 deg.is great for fising flats b/c it covers a wide area.

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

i also have the fl-8 and will most likely upgrade to the 18 but i would some more imfo on the advantages of the 18 over the 8 from fishermen who have actually use both.IM GOING TO GET IT BECAUSE I CAN'T HELP MYSELF,ANYBODY OUT THERE FEELING ME!

Yeah, I hear ya, I got such a hard time about not needed an 18 from everybody, that I was forced to go out and buy one. you should find that old thread. Ahh I'll go get it back.

I fished with a FL-8 for years and I went out and bought a FL-18 last year. In my opinion it is a real difference. The FL-18 is clearer, brighter, and has less interference than the FL-8. The auto-zoom feature also works great when fishing 'eyes or crappies. My opinion, if you do a fair amount of ice fishing, the extra cash will be forgotten real quick.(Also, I purchased mine from Cabela's and their version of the Pro-Pack was the cheapest around by about $50.00 So that helps when trying to "justify" making the upgrade)