• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Go Go Gomez

alwaysonthemove

I see where you are coming from with the changing approach thing, because he does not see enough pitches. BUT, he has been tweaking his swing a little bit every few games to see what works the best. The only way you can tell if the tweaks are working is to get your cuts in.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw parts of last nights game but I got to see two Delmon Young plays. One was a misplayed base hit that went under his glove and one AB that saw him go down in 3 pitches with not one good swing at anything in the strike zone.

Looked like the same Delmon to me.

I only saw parts of last nights game but I got to see two Delmon Young plays. One was a misplayed base hit that went under his glove and one AB that saw him go down in 3 pitches with not one good swing at anything in the strike zone.

Looked like the same Delmon to me.

Delmon looking clueless at the plate and in the OF??? Say it can't be so. That's never happened.

Sorry, opening night lineup will have Young in left, GoGo in center and Cuddy in right. Span is gonna be odd man out till someone plays themself out of a job, or the injury thing comes along and Cuddy is certainly the odds on favorite for that.

No walks and still manages to have more HRs and better ba. than Cuddy.

Humiliating

If only we were playing Home Run Derby. If we are only worried about HR's maybe we can bring back Rob Deer, Greg Luzinski, and Matt Stairs. We won't catch a thing and strike out 15 times a game but boy we would hit alot of dingers.

Cuddy has higher numbers in slugging, OBA and fielding (outfield numbers only for a fair comparison). If you got a guy on 2nd with no one out, down by a run late in the game, who do you want at bat. Do you want the guy who hits a HR every 60 AB's but will probably go down on 3 pitches outside the strike zone or the guy who will give you a professional AB and at least try to put the ball in play to move the runner over?

We can play this game all year long. Cuddy is the more complete player right now and Delmon is a guy with loads of potential that has not got it all together yet.

Sorry, opening night lineup will have Young in left, GoGo in center and Cuddy in right. Span is gonna be odd man out till someone plays themself out of a job, or the injury thing comes along and Cuddy is certainly the odds on favorite for that.

That is what it should be based on spring performances but Gardy likes his left/right matchups. Span will be in the lineup to face Hernandez.

Originally Posted By: DonBo

That is what it should be based on spring performances but Gardy likes his left/right matchups. Span will be in the lineup to face Hernandez.

You may be right, we'll see. I'll be there cheering them on no matter who Gardy decides to run out there.

Man, I can't believe all the Cuddy bashing going on here. He's still the best right fielder we've had in years and his veteran leadership is exactly what's needed to set an example to the younger guys out there. He knows how to play the game and that's the only thing missing from the others.

Donbo, I agree with you about Cuddy. He is a good player, just had injuries. A healthy Cuddyer is our best hitting outfielder. He gets on base at a pretty good clip, usually takes pitches and does hit a respetable SLG%. Also has one of the best arms in the majors.

I don't agree with you about Span though. He will leadoff and the guy plays excellent defense. His spring stats suck, but so do Scott Bakers. Do we wanna bench him? Spring stats mean nothing. I have confidence Spansy will put it together once the regular season is here. If not, there are a few guys that would love to take his spot.

I just don't see anyone else that will be any good at hitting leadoff besides him though. When he is out of the lineup, Casilla should leadoff.

Do cuddys stars include his 50 rehab games in AAA?

When the game is on the line I'd rather have delmon up. My I started drinking cuddy hateraide due to his ability to always get out in the clutch.

No but they don't include any of the 50 game suspension Delmon got for clobbering a ump with the same bat he had just struck out with either.

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
No walks and still manages to have more HRs and better ba. than Cuddy.

Humiliating

If only we were playing Home Run Derby. If we are only worried about HR's maybe we can bring back Rob Deer, Greg Luzinski, and Matt Stairs. We won't catch a thing and strike out 15 times a game but boy we would hit alot of dingers.

Cuddy has higher numbers in slugging, OBA and fielding (outfield numbers only for a fair comparison). If you got a guy on 2nd with no one out, down by a run late in the game, who do you want at bat. Do you want the guy who hits a HR every 60 AB's but will probably go down on 3 pitches outside the strike zone or the guy who will give you a professional AB and at least try to put the ball in play to move the runner over?

We can play this game all year long. Cuddy is the more complete player right now and Delmon is a guy with loads of potential that has not got it all together yet.

That last statement is right. Cuddy is probably the better player right now. But both Gomez and Young have an upside that makes Cuddy look pretty weak. Span is nice, but doesn't have near the upside that Young and Gomez do. Span's upside puts him in the neighborhood of Cuddy. Span's upside, over an extended period of time, might come close to what he did last year. But don't expect anything like what Span gave the Twins last year to be anywhere near normal for him. He's not as good as what he showed last year.

Should go with an outfield of Young, Gomez and Span and platoon Cuddyer and Kubel at DH. Span will play himself out of the job in a few weeks when it becomes clear that the other three are all better than Span. Then Span can take his rightful place as the fourth outfielder/DH against lefties. That is the role that Span can be useful in.

It's funny, the only place I ever have discussions with fans of Cuddy is on here. Everywhere else he doesn't get much love.

Are these places discussing baseball or fantasy leagues? Two completely different subjects with different answers to the same question. Care to show me where? I would like to see what else they have to say because if I am being honest you don't come with much back up other than some kind of personal feeling about Cuddyer and the fact that Delmon hit a home run or two in spring training off some guy who will be riding a bus between Pawtucket and Toledo next month.

once you start to feel positive about Cuddles batting he cuts himself shaving and is out half the year. he and mauer just make me nervous watching them walk, then they decide to chew gum or sunflower seeds at the same time eek

just stay healthy for 2 years in a row then he will doin alright.