• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Ramblings and Reports

Fished in the canal today with AW ended up with a couple dozen slob perch wind was cold and the fish were cooperative when you found them.Some of the females were spawned out the water temp is about the right temp for that with in a week they will probably be done.

I met k13 out there today it was nice meeting you Cory I am sure we will be talking again sometime grin.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, its real nice to see the that those fish will live to fight another day. Its nice to eat a few here and their but we all need to do our part to secure the resources we have for the future.

Job well done!!

Im happy to report that my 3 yr old daughter completed her first catch and release of a small brown trout last weekend. She is coming along nicely.

Tough day on teh water of Johnson Bay. Not amny perch that wanted to eat out of some pretty good schools that went by. We caught a few spawned out females and only one that still had eggs. We fished Big Bay too and zilch. Ended up with 8 keepers and caught and relesed more smallmouth than anything els, . Todd caught a nd released ane eye and we caught some nice sized toothies. Can't believe we missed Water temp was 47 degrees for the most part. We had a couple of big perch pods move under us from time to time but eating wasn't on there mind, It was worth checking anyway. I took a few pics below.. thanks for the invite Todd, had some fun..

1001458.jpg

1001460.jpg

This was a nice perch, dang camera...

1001461.jpg

DC and Tank some real nice trout over the last several days. Tim looks like you and Thunder had a nice day, too bad the fish weren't a little more cooperative. I've fished Johnson Bay several times in the spring and never really hit it at the right time for perch. Pretty much similar to the day you had with some perch, a number of smallies and a couple of lawn darts. Speaking of smallies, I don't know if it is me or not, but it seems like you always have one big [PoorWordUsage] smallmouth in your pictures. Also noticed that when your on the ice with your LX5 you wear a Marcum hat and when your in Todd's boat you wear a Lund hat. What kind of hat do you wear when you're at the diner in Richfield smirk ?

With such a wide selection of hats Dave you never know what I'll be wearing but I can guarantee that I will be wearing one. The smallmouths we caught were a blast but what is one to do when you have perch all over and they just won't hit, keep fishing I guess.

Todd - New camera is on my list, pretty sad when you take like 10 pictures and only 3 come out... Good luck today

Thunder thats a good policy to have when you dealing with Timmy gringrin. Looked like you had a dandy of a yellow in that picture didn't realize that Timmy's camera was responsible for the poor quality photo. I just assumed that Timmy was handling one of those pre-spawn males and he jizzed all over the lens shocked.

Nice job Lee - i'd love to be closer, cant be everywhere frown

Tank and I put a beatin on some PA trout this morning before I had to be at work. Today was the opener of trout south of the border. I forgot the camera til we were done catching but took this pict of Tank relaxing and looking svelte(thats the 100 dollar word for the day)...

p4182928.jpg

Lee I'm in!!! Your on Friday night... Todd let me know what your gonna need... A coleman lantern with aluminum foil for the light set-up Gills by day and happies by night.... Skinny stand-up style bobbers, thanks Lee... Nice talking with you and I'm glad your feeling good and eating a bit better, thanks for the call...

Fished in the canal yesterday with Mr.Tuzzy in his boat thanks Tuzzy that gave me a break from my boat for a day cool.We caught a few eyes,perch and some nice sunnies it was nice fishing with you Tuz soon the waldo's will get the knife put to them wink.

Lee I'm in!!! Your on Friday night... Todd let me know what your gonna need... A coleman lantern with aluminum foil for the light set-up Gills by day and happies by night.... Skinny stand-up style bobbers, thanks Lee... Nice talking with you and I'm glad your feeling good and eating a bit better, thanks for the call...
I am going to need lights on the boat a big bottle of crown royal along with two 30packs of mich ultra thats about it confused.

Todd - I just checked my email and wanted to give you a ring but the line was busy. Sorry I didn't get to these Sunday.. You probably told me but I forgot... blushlaugh

Here are some pics from Todd and Chef's adventure Saturday. Nice pics Todd..

toddspics160.jpg

toddspics161.jpg

toddspics162.jpg

O.k. heading back to work...