• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Ramblings and Reports

Its about that time guys and gals. We had an awesome winter catching fish, adding friends, and growing existing friendships. The ice is going and we'll have the long rods out this week. Post em up here...

Beth and I got out the mountain bikes today and had a nice time rideing around Toughannock park.

The falls...

p3152865.jpg

I couldnt talk her into a swim...

p3152864.jpg

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring is here I got home from darago this afternoon and pulled in the driveway I didn't want to get out of my truck shocked.Why Bees Bees and more Bees big nest somewhere around here when I stoped the truck they were all over it and real aggressive.Not sure what kind of Bees but not honey Bees now I am on a search for the nest crazy.

Ground bees Todd... I had em last year I buried the swimming pool area with a lot of rock and some good size stones. and topped with abut 4-6" of fill well unfortunately every year it settles and I refill the top but last season I had a bunch of them little buggers deep down in the o'l pool hole, walked by with the lawnmower and the race was ON!!!! Did the back yard to the side door in about 10 seconds flat and only got stung once. crazy I burned them out with left over auger gas and a little amsoil made for a nice little campfire at night. Next morning all gone...

Went fishing yesterday in the bargecanal in Rome country. I caught 2 pickeral, 1 northern, 1 eye and 8 perch I would have kept the perch seeing they are the only thing in season but they are loaded with Grubs sick.For a minute I thought I was fishing tully It was nice to get out and do some openwater fishing cool.

It looks like we are going to have the ice around into april around these parts.That will make it hard for the hatchery to get there nets out for the waldo's. It should be a interesting spring fishing this year the trout streams around here are crystal clear we need some rain BAD.I think I will have to resort to mudshark fishing untill the ice is gone crazywhistle.

Thanks Tim for putting these pics up the bite was good for about an hour and fifteen minutes.They are still lathargic seeing how the water is still about 34*, when you hooked a fish it was just weight there. I lost more than I caught only 1 throw back out of all that I landed.Sping is starting off pretty good wink.

It looks like we are going to have the ice around into april around these parts.That will make it hard for the hatchery to get there nets out for the waldo's. It should be a interesting spring fishing this year the trout streams around here are crystal clear we need some rain BAD.I think I will have to resort to mudshark fishing untill the ice is gone crazywhistle.

OK OK, I give!!!!! What is a mudshark? redneck slang for Bull head?

Originally Posted By: Thunderman

OK OK, I give!!!!! What is a mudshark? redneck slang for Bull head?

TROUT...the only MUD SHARK I know of whistle

I Steelhead fish and that's as far as I go crazy

Tank and I did some creek stomping this morning up around the salmon river. There were fish around, not many but some. He landed one nice skipper and I rolled one that was a solid 6-7 pounds. We saw a few others on our long walk. We didnt end up fishing the river...

Tank with a small but cute and spunky steelie. Yep still a bunch of snow up there in places...

p3272888.jpg

A nice warm-up for the upcomming trout season...

Nice day for stream fishing good job cool.

Just to let you guys know there is a fishing sale going on tommorow and sunday 9am to 6pm both days @ flo's diner rt#31.Some hardwater stuff mostly openwater stuff i guess some good deals you might want to check it out.

ThunderChum - I know on sat he had his first umpire gig of the year. And sundays are usually his "domestic day" cool Ya know, she makes him do laundry, clean, go grocery shopping... Plus he has alot of patching to do after all the icefishing he did...

Maybe I'll call Rosa up and get her all fired up so he's at least half way to the dog house whistle

Actually Monday is my first umpire gig, donated scrimmage game with no pay. whistle Yesterday was basement over haul day so that we could get the new washer and dryer which we shopped for at Sears yesterday delivered next weekend. That's only after we spent the morning and afternoon at the bowling alley as Amanda's team "Inferno" tried to qualify for USBC states at Syracuse. Amanda bowled great well above her average all 3 games 2 - 110's and a 92. We have to wait and see. After that it was off to Toy's R Us for Amanda's new bicycle.

I did fish Friday and caught one short walleye laugh