• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northwest Iowa Fishing Reports

You two are ROTTEN! gringrin

Esox. Good luck with the tourney! I plan to check that lake out this year(girlfriends' daughter lives a short ways from there), so let us know what you find and how you do.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to come down to fish the tourny but I would look awefully silly in my 12ft camo duck boat rowing myself around. Probably wouldn't be able to cast very far sitting down. and besides that my lakewood box would barely fit in there.

We borrowed a hoist we weren't familair with (bad idea) after the motor burned up in our hoist. I now have two motors I need to buy in the morning.

On a happier note, tonight's fishing was much better. Slip bobbered in 10 FOW, got our limits, caught about 35 small guys and one slotter. It was so much nicer out tonight without the wind.

Sounds like you had a good time. I did manage a C&R a bunch of crappies and a couple walleyes yesterday in MN. So it wasn't a total waste of a day. Im interested to see if the perch population will have an impact on the walleyes this season. If nothing else they should be well fed when you do get them.

We fished fifteen hours saturday and it was real tough until about 5pm. During the day we tried everywhere with no luck. At about 2pm we went to the foot bridge and anchored about 20 feet from shore. We had good luck on northern and one musky during the day then about 6 pm the walleyes moved in. We caught three keepers that were 14 and two 16. But man did we catch alot that were in the slot it think we probably caught fifteen any where from 17-21 inches. Man i couldnt believe how healthy these fish were it was awesome and they put up an amaizing fight. Speaking about amazing fights we got into some of those white bass they were all huge up to 19 inches and they are so fun to catch. We had our best luck with pink jigs and white gulp tails with a leach or minnow. Lighted bobbers with a crawler produced well after dark also. Didnt get to fish sunday we had a dead battery on the boat and also had the wheel bearings go out twice on the boat trailer, that kind of ruined the weekedn.

Is that you Matt or Brandon? Did you guys make it home ok on Sunday? I went out Sunday afternoon and got my limit and a few nice yellow bass. I took Ben out Monday morning and we caught our limit and some more yellows by 10 am. Also got into some 11" perch. We will be heading back wed night and staying until Saturday afternoon. Give me a call if you guys are heading back next weekend. Caught most on a jig and minnow.

Saw alot of fish, my partners got the only fish caught but it was Saturday during pre fishing. They were still in spawn mode not alot we could do.

Del thats a neat lake and from what we saw a good muskie poulation. I think between the 15-17 boats there was close to 80 fish seen. I did find out white armu ( sp) like cowgirls.

Really? I've never seen one hit anything , but get snagged every so often. Those buggers can pull! grin

If you ever head that way again, let me know. I could meet you, or depending on what route you took, you weren't probably to far from me on your way over there.

Those things just went nuts on my cowgirl, I had 3-4 at a time hitting it and following the 8 around. was entertaining for a short time. It's a lomg haul for us, 4.5 hour drive and that's running hard, but it was interstate all the way to Clear Lake.

Hmmm!! I wonder if they will go after a show girl?? We have those big things at volga lake!

From clear lake is what i was wondering about. Did you take hwy 18 to cut across? If so , you were only a few miles from me.

Yes it is a long haul from your area!

Hey dave this is brandon. Yea we made it home safely but agter we replaced the first bearing in spirit lake we made it to estherville and it happened again lol not a good day mat was about ready to blow. Well it sounds like you had a good weekend at least. I dont know if we will make it there this weekend last weekend cost us a little more than expected and i have some graduations to go to. If you get a chance you should come back to clear lake the yellows are really going right now we went out last night for about an hour and a half and caught fifty eight then we got rained out.

Not much of a report but we did get a few walleyes on East this afternoon pulling shadraps on lead in 15-20 FOW. Keeping it away from the whities and small walleyes seemed to be the biggest challenge. Only fished them for a short time we spent most of the day sight fishing crappies.