• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Mauer a lot of little problems

Dahitman44

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishy,

Look me up one more stat if you can and I swear I do not know the answer. What is the ERA of all pitchers while Mauer has caught vs AJ?

Why not? Its either this or work.

Without going into too much detail but taking the team ERA's while each was a full time catcher for his team, the staff's Mauer has caught have averaged out to be a ERA of 3.99, while AJ has caught staff's that averaged 4.25. Joe has caught staff's with ERA's of under 4.00 50% of the time, AJ has doen that 11% of his time. Joe has caught 1 Cy Young winner. AJ has caught 0.

Is that geeky enough for you? grin

Nice job Fish! I knew you could do that. I was wondering because AJ always has the reputation of really handling a pitching staff and I wondered how he stacked up against Mauer. I was just "trolling" as Pier said with this post but it did seem to get some attention (and some agreement) from some Twinkie fans so you know what they say, where there is smoke there is fire! We could package up AJ and Jose Contreras and ship them up to you guys if you want us to take Mauer off your hands. We might even throw in Bartolo Colon so you could add a top notch catcher that is familiar with the Twinks and two starting pitchers. Sound like a good deal, Fish?

Ah Windy, you crack me up. AJ couldn't throw me out on the way to the barn hauling 2 five gallon buckets of water while balancing a hay bale on my head! What are those little fish called again? wink

give him as much time as it takes to get him healthy. he's the ultimate catcher in the game today. if you doubt it, just pay attention to how the red sox and yankees are already salivating about the possibility of him becoming a free agent in the future.

I think some announcers, etc. do go a little overboard about him on occasion but make no mistake in underestimating his value to the team. That being said, there's no doubt that morneau is the straw that stirs this drink but mauer is definitely their #2 guy.

Hopefully, Mauer doesn't have any Matt Birk and Cretin-Durham genes in him and at the end of his contract he wants to go out to see a new challenge with another team. The Twins will need him to give the "hometown discount" on his next contract.

Come on guys, I am talking about guys with World Series rings, and actual World Series experience here. I can throw in a dozen Lou Malnatti Pizzas and some Portillo's Beef sandwiches but that is as high as I am allowed to go on this deal!

Windy, I was thinking about your offer. Here is what I came up with, help me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure you can offer ANY 5 of the Whiteys starters for '09 (position players only)and I would turn down a deal for Mauer.

Now, you can read that one of two way..........1) I place a high value on Mauer 2) I think you guy's got nothing worth having down on the South side. laugh

Oh, and in the event you guy's think you will get in the Joe Mauer sweepstakes for free agency. Forget it, I would tie him up and ship him to the North Pole before I'd let him sign with the "Hated Whiteys". whistle

Hopefully, Mauer doesn't have any Matt Birk and Cretin-Durham genes in him and at the end of his contract he wants to go out to see a new challenge with another team. The Twins will need him to give the "hometown discount" on his next contract.

I think what Matt said about wanting a challenge had more to do with us Cretin guys not liking Chilly

Come on guys, I am talking about guys with World Series rings, and actual World Series experience here. I can throw in a dozen Lou Malnatti Pizzas and some Portillo's Beef sandwiches but that is as high as I am allowed to go on this deal!

Throw in a few pounds of Malnatti's chicken parmesan and you got a deal. Lou's may be my favorite joint in all of Chicago.

Originally Posted By: pegleg

I think what Matt said about wanting a challenge had more to do with us Cretin guys not liking Chilly

I agree, after Chilly didn't resign Birk's buddy Ferrotte the writing was on the wall that he wouldn't resign with Minnesota even if the money was better.

You're worse than a Packers fan. Win a ring and we never hear the end of it. Yet, the Sox, like the Packers went through 20+ really BAD years. I always have to remind both teams fans that, they seem to forget. Too much of the green stuff, disco dancing and tight polyester leisure suits I think.

BTW, I will get you a case of baseballs for a pie. Make it a Genos East. You know the place- big brick oven and walls and ceilings covered with peoples signatures in magic marker.

Man are you guys missing a golden opportunity here. We are talking about the catcher who guided the World Series Championship pitching staff to 4 complete game victories in the World Series and somebody who guided the White Sox to the Division title last year over.....who was that again??????

PS: I can be a little flexible on the pizza selection so if you have to have a Geno's East with the sewer cover sausage instead of Lou's I can make that concession.

The clock is ticking......