• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Channel Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

Couple we got on the banks of the St. Croix right by Danbury (on the MN side) in early June:

Later in the night (18-20 fish later) I had to go for a swim and grab a rod that was yanked in during a high paced triple. Our fire had gone out due to too many fish so it was very dark and things got a bit crazy.full-46211-35141-20130516_215528.jpg

full-46211-35142-20130516_215614.jpg

Later in the night (18-20 fish later) I had to go for a swim and grab a rod that was yanked in during a high paced triple. Our fire had gone out due to too many fish so it was very dark and things got a bit crazy.

Sounds like a GREAT problems to have =)

congrats!!!

Later in the night (18-20 fish later) I had to go for a swim and grab a rod that was yanked in during a high paced triple. Our fire had gone out due to too many fish so it was very dark and things got a bit crazy.

Sounds like a GREAT problems to have =)

congrats!!!

I'm just glad he bit on my white Ugly Stik cat rod instead of the dark green rod/reel combo next to it :P

Those are some nice pre spawn cats wink

Yep! We caught 4 that were all bigger than my previous "best" for up here. I grew up in Red Wing though so the 'ssippi down there creates much larger fish than the 6ft deep St. Croix.

Tonight it was my turn to get a 30in fishfull-26589-35297-013.jpg they are starting to fatten back up now that the spawn has been completed. We pulled a few real nice ones before the front came through this evening.

20140310_134344_zps561fcd9e.jpg

Got my first early lunker of 2014: a 27 and a half inch channel cat! Caught it in one of the Minnesota River discharges. Caught him when I was targeting springtime crappie with my ultralight rod. It took 8 minutes to get him in without my net in tow, but it felt good to finally lip a big catfish for the first time. After the photo op, I had Garfield released. It felt good to finally catch the giant channel kitty I've been waiting for. Unfortunately, I don't know how much he weighed. Probably 11 pounds if I had to hazard a guess. Either way, he was one of the toughest fish for me to land on a panfish pole!