• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Channel Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

Its a great excuse for a road trip. wink

I totally agree. This will be the second year I make the road trip. I do it as a birthday present to my self. It beats fishing Mille Lacs for my birthday. Now I just need the end of June to get here so I can go.

full-26589-34664-017.jpg

The size isn't overly impressive, maybe 26in, but it the fact that I caught it with a broken rod makes it more interesting. Note the zip ties holding the rod together grin... Whole story in River North forum...

full-26589-34664-017.jpg

The size isn't overly impressive, maybe 26in, but it the fact that I caught it with a broken rod makes it more interesting. Note the zip ties holding the rod together grin... Whole story in River North forum...

Nice fish Rick. do you want that rod fixed? I could do it for you for nothing. It looks like it is fixable from the picture here. I will have to check out the story in the north forum. let me know.

wow. the chain puts out some nice ones in the summer too eh? or is that the 'sippi? good pics, Rick. Glad you're onto some.

What is the bite like on the chain mid-summer? Like, 10-fish days? 20-fish days? Or just happy to put a couple in the boat?

trying to go find some cats and WB on the MN river. dont know if its fishable with the water height. any suggestions on how rig my rod or what size bank sinkers work,hooks,etc? hooks that avoid snags LOL.

That's a lot of catfish for a night.

It was a blast smile We got to the spot just before it got dark, didn't get a bite for the first hour and a half. I was ready to pull anchors and head for another spot when the first one hit, then it was about one every 15 min or so until we called it quits just after 2AM. I was going to do it again tonight, but am a little wore out after last night, and then working a full day today tired. I will be back at it again tomorrow night if it doesn't rain.