Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Nurf Bars

8 posts in this topic

I have a Ford Super Crew 4 door and want to put nerfs on it.

Just wondering what others have done and where to find them?

I have always had running boards on my trucks. The truck I have now came with nerf bars. Personally I can't stand the nerf bars. They don't offer any protection to the bottom of the truck and they seem to be more slippery when wet or snowy. My wife and son also said they prefer running boards. Just my opinion.

My F-150 came with them from the factory. They're better than nothing but I liked the running boards on my old one better.

I bought the Ford 4 inch step bars from my dealer. They went on without a hitch and have 3 supports on each side. I didn't like the idea of a bar with support just at each end.

If you do get nerf bars, get a good stainless steel set, as the chrome ones (if still avail) just rust out after a couple years with all the salt in the winter.

Personally I dont like them. They cause more damage than they prevent, and I think a truck looks best without nerfs or running boards. Plus both me and my wife are tall enough that we dont need them anyway.

Westin CPS (Chrome Plated Stainless)

Places like Radco should carry them.

Pretty simple installation as well. Simple hand tools and a couple hours and you should have them on no problem.

I've had mine on my truck for over 6 years now and they still shine up nice. I think they have great traction and footing for getting into and out of a truck, much better than running boards IMO.