• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This really BITES!!!!!!!!!!

Dave S

I have 3 turkey clinics to put on in March and am struggling to be able to use a diaphram call.

It's never been a problem in the past, but last July I had some orthdontic work done, including having 4 teeth pulled.

This is going to be a long spring. blush

Nothing like starting over.

I struggled mightily with diaphragm calls until midway through last season. All of a sudden it just clicked. I actually do better with the quieter calls such as clucks and purrs which it seems most people have a hard time with. I was so nervous about my new talent I didn't even use it hunting cause I didn't want it to cost me the chance at a bird.

Hey LEM, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure you'll get it back. In the mean time you're probably still good enough for demonstration purposes at your clinics.

I used to use a diaphram almost exclusively but now rely mostly on my favorite slate or box call.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. Having the 4 teeth pulled sure makes it difficult to focus the flow of air through the call and not the gaps. Darn braces.grin

Hopefully it will work out for the better in the end. I had a bad "Englishman's Smile" prior to the work which also made it difficult to even fit the call properly.

LEP, there are a ton of different mouth calls with different size and shape plastic liners on them. Maybe try a few different sizes or shapes, but you may have to change the brand you like? But since you are just doing a demo for the class. Maybe just hold it up and show them what it looks like, take a few blows on it and move to a box or slate? Good Luck!

Thanks again guys. I'm pretty familiar with the calls as I have almost all makes/models at my disposal. The size of the call isn't really the issue. Just the fact I'm missing a couple "chicklets" top and bottom.

Kind of tough to focus the air flow without blowing out the side of my mouth. whistle