• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils cover

O2Fish

I've been using the rubber scrubber a little different and the cover has been staying on. So the snubber is folded where it goes through the two holes. Instead of that pull the snubber through so you have one long end and a short end. With cover on, the long end goes into the two slots that the knobs would normally end up at. It then continues back to where you started. You'll need to situate the cover so the fasten/knob spot is at a low point of the blade.

The only thing I never liked on the Nils is it's cover and asked many times over the years if snap on had come up with their own version yet but so far they haven't . Your idea Surface tension sounds like the ticket so thanks for the tip and Northlander I'm going to try yours too . Thanks .

My rubber strap on the blade I am sending in to be sharpened gave up the ghost quite some time ago because of the constant battle putting it on everytime and I have now got a bungee on it but it's not the way either .

TD

A magnet would have to be glued on the cover some how and I cant think of anything that would hold it on in the cold. It would also have to be a very strong magnet to hold the cover on when being bumped around in a ice house travel behind a sled etc.

I tell ya what Neodymium magnets are super strong. We use them at work all the time. A guy could could drill out a few holes and press fit them in then add a little epoxy.

The things are amazingly strong. Now I'm going to have to try it. wink

Well, the magnets worked too good. smirk

The bond between the magnet and the cutting head was stronger than the two part epoxy. I never would’ve expected that.

Those magnets are super strong. In fact I had a couple of them separated on my kitchen counter and they got too close to each other and came together so hard that one of them shattered.

I will have to try something a little different for Rev B

I threw my original cover away, recycled I think. I use the Otter Ice Shield. It may be a bit overkill because it covers way more than just the blade but I haven't run after a blade cover blowing in the wind since I got it! Plus it is black and many times ice buildup melts away in between drilling sessions.

I still just don't have issues with the cover. There's only one way that it goes on right though. I've never had it fall off. Sometimes it's a little sticky getting it off though.