• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Knife for Boof

IFallsRon

Twins reliever Boof Bonser will have exploratory surgery on Wednesday in St. Petersburg to try to get to the bottom of why he’s having shoulder problems.

The surgery will be performed by Rays’ team physician Dr. Koco Eaton.

Bonser will miss at least several weeks because of the surgery - but even longer if he needs more than just a clean-up. Bonser reported shoulder soreness at the end of last season but an MRI revealed no structural damage. Rest didn’t help, as Bonser threw three times off a mound in January and still felt discomfort.

Trying to think of my favorite Boof moment, and I can't. I don't think it's his shoulder that's sore but his neck from snapping it around watching the ball leave the yard all the time. He can come throw BP for my 15 year olds this summer.

Boof was a stud the second half of the 06 season. He was our #2 starter behind Johan. If he could regain that form, he'd be fine. Seems to me he was more aggressive going after hitters then and would finish the off with that great curve ball he has. Maybe the shoulder had something to do with it? That pitch(curve) sure seemed to have a sharper break to it in 06 than it has recently.

Quote:

Boof Bonser was found to have tears in his labrum and rotator cuff during surgery on Wednesday.

He's almost certainly done for the season. Bonser was shaping up as a potential setup man, so it's a big loss to a team already without Pat Neshek. Juan Cruz was looking like a potential luxury for the Twins, but now there's a real need for him.