• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pickled Fish

Thanks for all of the kind words guys!!!

I just started a batch in salt this morning. It always seems to be party favorite. We have also tried to pickle smelt. It's not as good as the pike it comes out softer like hearing I'm guessing because the skin is left on.

If you need any first hand help getting started just let me know and I'll try to make it very easy for you to give it a try.

How long is pickled fish good for after its made? I've eaten it 6 months or so but i have a little left over thats been hiding in the back of my fridge for almost 10 months now (1/2 a spaghetti jar and i was looking at it last night, i want to eat it, but not sure if its safe! (Could it do any more damage to the insides than the fresh stuff??!!)

If for some reason you don't think it's safe toss it out. If it looks ok and the first little bite doesn't but you to your knees break out the cheese and crackers and put and end to it.

How long is pickled fish good for after its made? I've eaten it 6 months or so but i have a little left over thats been hiding in the back of my fridge for almost 10 months now (1/2 a spaghetti jar and i was looking at it last night, i want to eat it, but not sure if its safe! (Could it do any more damage to the insides than the fresh stuff??!!)
When in doubt...toss it out. I dont care what it is. I've been sick as a dog sick from eating or drinking out dated fridge contents. You only do that once and never again! wink