Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tippman

2009 Turkey Teams

13 posts in this topic

So Borch when are we getting the signup going for the 2009 teams? Or are we just running with last years grin

Bring it on Tippman!! grin Pretty sure you and the rest of team blind squirrel already got your acorn last year! wink

You tell 'em Cooter! Team Blind Squirrel, now that's funny right there.

A lot of earley smak here.... Cooter going to fill your tat this year?

I'm trying to get it together.

Work has me running circles around myself right now.

It may be just for bragging right s this spring. Time will tell.

Quote:
Cooter going to fill your tat this year?

OUCH!!! crysick!! Had that one coming, didn't I?

Quote:
Cooter going to fill your tat this year?

OUCH!!! crysick!! Had that one coming, didn't I?

Ha! I like it.

Bragging rights are just fine with me, I don't mind grin

BTW Cooter, mine is bigger than yours... in our avatars smile

Lets not go there! grin You're spoiled in MN on muskies. My best last year was a 43" and thats pretty respectable unless you cross the border to MN or Canada. On your hometurf a fish like that won't even make anyone blink. Watch out though, our clubs been stocking Leechers in Wissota - I'll get a WI 50 yet!

Where was the fish in you avatar from? My PB is a 49" from Eagle.

Thought this was a turkey hunting forum...sorry guys.

Id be game for the team things, I joined too late last year tooget signed up, but think it would be fun.

Let's get this contest started. I didn't get signed up early enough last year so I just had to watch and ended up with killing a bird that would have won the whole contest, mabye we can do it again this year.

Long beard assassins will be back to defend.We had some brute of birds.Going to have to make sure we get some with multiple beards again get those points up there.We might not repeat but we will make a run at it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Black Hills Spruce are doing very well with the clay and other competing trees in our yard.  The Colorado Blues are doing OK with the soil, but they sure like space, air, and non-compete areas of full day sun.  
    • We see the gray cheeked thrush once in a while, first time this spring. First sighting in the yard for the Eastern Phobe so checked it off in the book.  
    • Well my team didn't do too bad I had 3 make it to day 3 (Dean Rojas finished 54th), and 2 fished Sunday.  I actually landed in the 96th percentile for the tournament and bumped me up to 80.1% as of now.
    • no mulch expert but i wouldnt think so, unless the mulch has die in it!!!!!!!! yea i have a lawn, i dont bag my clippings. i rake it up by had.....like hard workin union guys do ....... but dont ever get near enough!!!!!!!
    • The Cheffrey recipe that thirdeye talks about is a good one.  it's a little work but it turns out great - cooking the fillets before hand allows for easy flaking of the fish and makes for a shorter cooking time.  They're VERY filling, like thirdeye says, can only eat about 2 at a time.  i like to whip-up a little chipotle ranch-type dipping sauce for these as well.
    •   You don't have a lawn? 
    •   Sure thing! FYI, I skipped the netting and just put the ham on a rack. Worked just fine. Good luck!
    • @Haug  that was for hunterdown...  
    • congrats, great bird and pix
    • Another great week to start off the open water fishing season! Fishing has been consistent even with the ever changing weather last week. Some boats still catching over 100 fish in a day, weeding through small fish to find good keeper walleyes and saugers. Key depths around 17-24' of water. Good fishing all across south shore. Fish are responsive to most kinds of bait right now but jig and a minnow is the best presentation with pink and gold jigs standing out.  Some anglers pulling spinners.  Others hit reefs in 25-30', also good. Jumbo perch and pike mixed in all over the lake.     Walleyes are still in the Rainy River but fishing has slowed besides a good morning bite. Most walleyes have headed back to the lake but some remain in the river. Same as the lake, a jig and a minnow have been best tactic for boating walleyes.  Sturgeon fishing is closed until July 1st.   Up at the NW Angle, anglers are hammering fish.  Many have limits before lunch.  Fish are all over islands such as Oak Island and Little Oak. Jig and a minnow up at the angle is the go to method. Gaining steam is trolling with cranks in the shallows or pulling spinners to keep baits moving. Colors should include chartreuse, pink, glow colors and some gold. Key depths ranged from 16-26' of water. Crappies can be found in Canada in 20' of water with sandy bays. Pike being found in current areas. Many smallmouth bass found with walleyes. 
  • Our Sponsors