• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre season Twins predictions......................

SledNeck

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuddy gold glove?

I'll wear a white sox hat for the rest of my life if that happens

You and I disagree on Delmon and Cuddyer, but I agree with you here, he has the best arm in the Majors, but he isn't on ESPN everynight making bellyflop dives for flyballs.

Here is what I see...

Mauer - 10 hrs, .330 Avg, wins 3rd batting title

Morneau - 35 hrs, .305 Avg, 120 Rbi's, wins 2nd MVP

Casilla - Solid year but not an allstar

Punto - .250 avg, typical gold glove caliber year but won't win one.

Crede - 20 hrs, starts good but nagging injuries slow him down but not much time on the DL, Harris or Bucher will spell him alot later in the season, maybe look for him at DH.

Cuddy - .265 Avg, 15 hrs, start seeing him only when the matchups dictate.

Gomez - About the same as last year, maybe a few less bone head moves.

Span - About the same as last year, which I'll take.

Young - I predict the best for Young. He'll get it figure out and he'll hit near .300 with 15-20 hrs.

Starting rotation - another year older and wiser, each guy will win another 1-2 games if they can stay healthy.

Bullpen - magic 8 ball is pretty cloudy here. I don't believe they'll be as bad as last year mainly because they were just so bad last year that if it got worse they should just go with the 5 man rotation and then Nathan and send the rest to the minors.

At the end of the season I predict the Twins will be up 3-4 games and will win 1 play off series. After that I can't tell you guys any more, I want you to be surprised.

My Twins predictions are:

I will get tickets to no less than 5 games this year. Including October 4th for the last REGULAR season game, but it won't be the last played in the metrodome this year!

Span: will start and lead off and play slightly better than last year, but will remain in the lead off spot all season.

Gomez: Slightly smarter but will strike out plenty again this year. Expect some great fielding plays which will continue to keep him in the lineup batting near the bottom.

Mauer: Just another all-star year, Wins a gold glove, but finishes 2nd or 3rd in batting title race.

Morneau: DOESN'T SLUMP IN SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER and is the leader as we make the playoffs.

Crede: A nice addition at 3rd and ends 15 - 20 hr's. But will see playing time given ti Buscher as well.

Casilla: Will bat 2nd and hit about .280 and play almost every day.

Punto: Will not win a gold glove despite being worthy of the award. Has a year similiar to last at the plate.

Cuddyer: Will play a bigger role in this teams success that many think. He will have a nice year with numbers similiar to Crede. (PROVIDED BOTH STAY HEALTHY)

Kubel has a nice year primarily as a DH but gets occasional playing time as well.

Young doesn't get much playing time unless Cuddyer gets injured. Possibly traded before year is over.

Starting Pitching improves and starters each win 1 to 2 more games a piece.

Middle Relievers: Better than last year but perhaps the weakest part of our team.

Nathan: Closes the door and wins almost 40 games.

A September Call-Up will give a spark to the team in a close race down the stretch.

TWINS WIN DIVISION, beyond that I'm just a fan cheering the rest of the way!

Delmon might have a good arm, but he has to catch the ball first. One of the worst fielding OFers I have ever watched in the Majors. Period. Cuddyer at least has dived for a ball out his reach, has Delmon EVER done that??? He stutter steps, then stops and the ball lands at his feet. I seen him do that about a dozen times last season. A few times the ball went right past him to the fence, seen that happen about 5 times last season.

BTW, my link has video evidence, and from the bottom of the one you put on here:

Michael Cuddyer, Twins: A former infielder, he's surprisingly athletic and adept at playing the outfield baggy at the Metrodome. Cuddyer leads the majors in outfield assists this season. When he nabbed the speedy Willie Harris of Atlanta last week, it was the ultimate testament to his skill.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Your writer seems kind of like an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly, he says it himself:

"leads the majors in OF assists this season" Wouldn't that make him number 1???

Well If Delmon did that what happened did he start smoking the hooch got fat and lazy or what. I still think sign him and trade him for some more relief pitching

Originally Posted By: SledNeck

Well If Delmon did that what happened did he start smoking the hooch got fat and lazy or what. I still think sign him and trade him for some more relief pitching

That articles horrible. Cuddyer leads league in assists, then gives him honorable mention