Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SledNeck

Pre season Twins predictions......................

83 posts in this topic

Throw em out there and lets all see how stupid or smart we are in 6 months.....

MINE:

The starting outfield will be

Young, Gomez and Span for the Majority of the season........

Cuddy, Gomez, Span, Gardy loves Cuddy. I would still think that Young still gets tons of PT though. I think they will rotate them enough so that all 4 of them see the field equally and of course playing the hot hand when someone has one.

I would like to see Span in there at all times though, we need his approach at the plate in the leadoff spot.

agreed...........Young must show something,he was disapointing last year.Cuddy needs to stay healthy.And Span MUST continue to hit leadoff.......

That is my outfield also Sledneck, I would put Cuddy on the block, see what we get, before his hangnail starts flaring up again.

We need to get it rolling and get back on top the central. Gardy will have the lineup rolling and ready for some action. Looks like there going in the right direction with the players there putting on the field.

1) Cleveland 92 wins

2) Detroit 89 wins

3) Twins 87 wins

Starters are spotty at the beginning.

Bullpen blows up from being over worked.

July 12th Delmon Young gets traded.

Is that what you are looking for? grin

1) Cleveland 92 wins

2) Detroit 89 wins

3) Twins 87 wins

Starters are spotty at the beginning.

Bullpen blows up from being over worked.

July 12th Delmon Young gets traded.

Is that what you are looking for? grin

I have the Royals finishing ahead of the Tigers again this season. I don't care how much money they spend on that team, they are spending it on older players and they will have plenty of people sitting on the bench again this season on the DL.

Joe Mauer - MVP, 20+ HRs

Casilla - All Star

Gomez - 67 Steals

Baker - 18 Wins

Twins - Win Central by 8 games

Quote:
Joe Mauer - MVP, 20+ HRs

Casilla - All Star

Gomez - 67 Steals

Baker - 18 Wins

wow, I agree with one of those... can you guess which one?

I can see Mauer adding his third batting title...

Morneau in the top three in MVP voting again...

Nathan getting only 38 saves due to the bullpen not getting the game to him...

Gomez spends much of the year in triple-A. Gives him a chance to mature and get all the playing time. As much potential he has, he needs to get his head in the game,or at least understand what will be expected of him, at the plate...

The teams fielding percentage goes back up to where we expect it...

Killer injuries might be someone like Baker, Casilla, or Redmond, Crede is a given...

Fall out of the race with four games left in the season...

Bill Smith named general manager of the year.

In response to:

Poster: 10,000 Casts

Subject: Re: Pre season Twins predictions......................

Quote:Joe Mauer - MVP, 20+ HRs

Casilla - All Star

Gomez - 67 Steals

Baker - 18 Wins

I'll take the last one!!! smilesmile

Cuddyer bats .289 with 23HR's and 113 RBI. Wins A.L. comeback player of the year.

Or

Cuddyer trips and falls on shoelace while getting off the bus before Twins first game breaking both wrists and nose. Is inactivated for entire 2009 season.

Zep, I sure hope your first prediction on Cuddy is right and not the second one. I like him, and he has a Cannon for an arm.

Gomez will NOT be in AAA. He will be the starting CFer for us for at least 130 games I'll bet.

Baker winning 18 is about the only one of those predictions I think has a reasonable chance of coming true. If Baker stays healthy, this will be the year he gets noticed around the league. If the Twins were smart, they would ink him long-term before the season starts.

pitching wins championships................/hook that up with solid defense and a little luck,and the Twins maybe contenders this year[fingers crossed]

Twins will have 20 rainouts, 8 snowouts, and 6000 people who get ill from garbage smoke in 2010.

I think... Gardy will start Cuddyer in right and keep him there until he plays himself to the bench or gets hurt, in either case, Span will take over...

Crede will have a great year at third, 25/100 at the plate...

Liriano will win the Cy Young.

Thats my predictions anyway.

pre-season twins prediction?

I predict they will win more than they lose........ grin

With 4 great outfielders, I don't see Kubel getting playing time ....except as DH. The good part about having so many good ones is they can all get days off, and stay stronger late in the season. I thought they faded bigtime late last year. I think Cuddy will spell Morneau at first now and then also. Gotta keep him fresher also.

My regular season prediction....92 wins. Gonna be a dogfight

(black and blue baseball division), with improvement in several teams.

sure hope cuddles has been putting lotion on this winter, a hangnail would end this season prematurely too eek but now its mauer's turn to be hurt. every other year with these two.

The Twins will win the division this year.

Mauer, Morneau, and Nathan will be All Stars.

Twins, Indians, White Sox, Royals, and Tigers.

Twins make a trade at the deadline for bullpen help.

Pale Hose 89 wins

Twinks 88 wins

Tribe 87 wins

Royals 83 wins

Kitties 81 wins

Entire division at .500 or better!

Black and Blue division for sure, there will only be one team in the playoffs from this division but they will be road tested for sure!

lets see

1 Gomez 18 dingers, 50+ SB, 9 trips, 115 runs I think he might have a break out year

2 Casilla allstar yes

3 Maur batting title

4 morneau 30 dingers MVP

5 Cuddy Not to sure yet if healty 20 dingers and gold glove

6 Crede 20 dingers but plays only 60% of the time

7 dh kubel,harris

8 Punto having another great year

9 Span 7 dingers, 80 Runs, 20 Sb, 5 trips