Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CarlWBL

Laser Crankbaits

I saw over the weekend that Ike and Duckett were using the crankbaits with the light in the nose. What are your guys' thoughts on this new bait? All hype or is everyone going to try one?

it is not illegal in MN. a company out of the twin cities called GloJigs make jigs that have flashing LED lights. they are mainly for ice fishing but can be used whenever. The company recently came up forsale and i looked into purchasing it but after field testing and looking over the equipment they have in the inventory I found that it is pretty much junk. so i say its just hype.

They aren't lights, they are lazers. Kinda like a lazer pointer you use for presentations. You know, the one that the cat and the dog just go bonkers over chasing it.... wait a minute, dogs and cats chase it.... maybe there is something to this.

stirring... stirring... stirring smile

Has anyone ever brought a red laser pointer to a bass tank? Try that and I bet you might buy one of these baits just to try...

I thought if you shined one of those lazers in your eye you could do permanent dammage?.. Are we going to have a bunch of blind bass when people start to throw these?

While were at it, how about biosonix?

biosonix would be in my boat if they were so much money. Guess they really get things going somtimes. Would be fun to have one just to try it.

i have a bass at home in my tank and i am going to go get the lazer and see what she does.

if it is awesome i will post it in a video - if i never post anything about it - probably cause there was nothing to post.

just put the lazer in the tank with betty and yeah she was scarred of it and tried to swim away. Maybe when she gets bigger she will have more of a predator attitude but - laser was tank tested and not ike approved

Hmm. I guess I have only seen it with bigger fish, and only once at Cab. Might have to try it elsewhere. Sportshow would be a good test. Those fish haven't been in the tank too long.

Has anyone ever brought a red laser pointer to a bass tank? Try that and I bet you might buy one of these baits just to try...

I also got sort of a timid response in my tank. The laser definitely got it's attention, but it just looked at it and backed away. Plus if the lure were the source of the laser, this would take the fishes attention away from the bait and to whatever the laser landed on...

Also this is talking about a fish that will hit anything the first time it encounters it (I used to catch it on a knotted string...)

I dont think the lure shoots a laser out. That would be some austin powers stuff right there. The bill of the bait just lights up I think.

I dont think the lure shoots a laser out. That would be some austin powers stuff right there. The bill of the bait just lights up I think.

Yea, thats what it looks like the lazer is for. Shows a picture of it lit up in a dark room on their HSOforum!

Daze Off your still in MN? smile

Yup - with housing market and job market in the tank it is kind of hard to relocate.....been watching the openings for a couple of years now and no luck so far.

Just joined another bass club to have something to do in the summer....

I always wondered about those tank demonstrations. Not sure if they are reacting to the light or the color. I suspect that if you had a green or blue laser and moved it in a similar fashion that fish would react in the same manner.

Anyone ever seen a different color used?

My feeling on those tank demonstrations are that those fish have probably been starved for awhile so they will chase anything that looks like it could be food. We have been doing it up in our tank in this area and have taken notes. As fish get more and more hungry the more they chase and Vica Versa. Who knows that is just my experience in the tanks.

My impression (what i've been told) about the tank at the Mpls sport show is that they catch the fish just a few days before the show. Whether or not thats true...

I do think that the fish for the MPLS show are caught fairly soon to the time of the show.. Their activity level has more to do with the rapidly increasing water temps than anything...