• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Laser Crankbaits

CarlWBL

it is not illegal in MN. a company out of the twin cities called GloJigs make jigs that have flashing LED lights. they are mainly for ice fishing but can be used whenever. The company recently came up forsale and i looked into purchasing it but after field testing and looking over the equipment they have in the inventory I found that it is pretty much junk. so i say its just hype.

They aren't lights, they are lazers. Kinda like a lazer pointer you use for presentations. You know, the one that the cat and the dog just go bonkers over chasing it.... wait a minute, dogs and cats chase it.... maybe there is something to this.

stirring... stirring... stirring smile

biosonix would be in my boat if they were so much money. Guess they really get things going somtimes. Would be fun to have one just to try it.

i have a bass at home in my tank and i am going to go get the lazer and see what she does.

if it is awesome i will post it in a video - if i never post anything about it - probably cause there was nothing to post.

Has anyone ever brought a red laser pointer to a bass tank? Try that and I bet you might buy one of these baits just to try...

I also got sort of a timid response in my tank. The laser definitely got it's attention, but it just looked at it and backed away. Plus if the lure were the source of the laser, this would take the fishes attention away from the bait and to whatever the laser landed on...

Also this is talking about a fish that will hit anything the first time it encounters it (I used to catch it on a knotted string...)

Daze Off your still in MN? smile

Yup - with housing market and job market in the tank it is kind of hard to relocate.....been watching the openings for a couple of years now and no luck so far.

Just joined another bass club to have something to do in the summer....

I always wondered about those tank demonstrations. Not sure if they are reacting to the light or the color. I suspect that if you had a green or blue laser and moved it in a similar fashion that fish would react in the same manner.

Anyone ever seen a different color used?

My feeling on those tank demonstrations are that those fish have probably been starved for awhile so they will chase anything that looks like it could be food. We have been doing it up in our tank in this area and have taken notes. As fish get more and more hungry the more they chase and Vica Versa. Who knows that is just my experience in the tanks.