Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CALVINIST

My child is a "sledneck"!

4 posts in this topic

That's awesome Casey! grin He needs some chapstick too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I look at it like cast iron....numerous cookings give 'em a perfect seasoning. Gotta leave some residue on IMO.
    • No butcher buddy? They can order one for ya....be advised they have taken a huge leap in prices. Ask a butcher about that. Mine (who's also a good friend) said it's the highest he's ever seen 'em at right now.
    • jhust find a locker plant that smokes their own bellies and buy one from them.
    • I have seen it in Costco quite often.  Didn't look last time.    Or call around, often the meat markets will special order if desired.   Seems it was in the 3 buck a pound area if I remember right.     I don't know how far from a Costco you are, but they are a good place to buy meat.   Sams Club might work also. 
    • Pretty hard to tell. Is this on a TWSP, County or State road? You will need to get a permit from them and build it to their standards if approved. Will you need a culvert? Probably will unless you locate it at a highpoint. Will you have to remove any trees? How much fill is needed? is the ditch deep or shallow? How long do you want it? Hopefully you are not impacting any wetlands... It use to be simple, but now it is much more complicated. Could get spendy...
    • Since my smoker is new for now I throw them in the big wash sinks in the basement with some Dawn and hot water to soak. Then rinse them with more hot water. I'm sure in time once they get more "purplefloyd seasoned". I'll rub them a bit with a grill brush and hit them with a garden hose! 
    • Hello from the NW Angle of Lake of the Woods!

Here in Minnesota, water temps are in the low to mid 60’s and the Walleyes keep rollin’ in! Wind blown shorelines are giving up walleyes via leeches and crank-baits right along the weed line. Crawlers on a gold and/or orange spinner are producing fish out of the mud between 22 and 26 feet. Jigging has been tough this week with the strong winds, but the Mayflies have finally tapered off!!

Up on the Canadian side, bottom bouncing has been filling the live wells outside of monument bay between 24-28 feet.  Jigging near Skeet and Kennedy Islands have seen nice sized walleye and numerous perch. Great smallmouth action can currently be had in Tranquil channel and the mouth of Johnston passage. Muskie fishing is still sporadic with high 40” class fish being caught from shallow bottom bays or just outside of them. 

Fish of the Week:
      49" and 46" Muskie
      40" Pike
      At least 10 Walleye over 25" 

We hope to see you soon! Sunset Lodge
    • Anyone know where I can find it?  Checked a couple grocery stores and even a butcher and nobody has it?  Also what's a decent price if I do find any? 
    • When mine get caked I nuke em on the gas grill for about 15 minutes. easy peasy  
    • I agree with purpleflloyd..........seasoning. I MIGHT use a grill brush twice a year that's it. 
  • Our Sponsors