• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane hose for 20 lb tank

skyhawk

I purchased an extension hose so I could use my 20 lb tank on my sunflower. When I went to use it it was so stiff that I might as well got a piece of copper tubing. Is there a special cold weather hose or am I stuck with this?

Thanks

I have a 6'er and its stiff. In cold temps I'll take it out of the house and lay it flat and let it stiffen up straight. It'll keep that memory unless you coil it up and let it get warm again.

So I'll keep it to one big loop, I can do that because its only 6'. No more coils.

The Green hose, which is not supposed to leech chemicals into the heater is stiff as a board. The black hose, which you must always use a filter with, is very soft and does not get stiff.

I have the short green one and they told me I needed the filter with that one!

Originally Posted By: BartmanMN
The Green hose, which is not supposed to leech chemicals into the heater is stiff as a board. The black hose, which you must always use a filter with, is very soft and does not get stiff.

I have the short green one and they told me I needed the filter with that one!

I run a filter with my green hose since the person on the store could not confirm that. I figured the 10 bux for the filter was worth the piece of mind knowing my big buddy is OK.

I had the same problem around Jan. I found the green hose was [PoorWordUsage], what good is it if it doesn't uncoil? I had to get the black hose. Be careful you get the right one, I wasn't looking carefully and bought the hose for the big buddy, which allowed for a quick connect and was a hassle to get couplers.

Also needed to get rid of the filter that came with, it took too much of the psi, and my heater would not stay primed.

I just bought one yesterday. If you get the oil-free hose in the 10' long you do not need a filter. This is what I was told at GM. Only the 10' hoses are oil free, I don't why that would be. It will say oil free in the upper right hand corner of the package.

I've got a few hoses of different lenghts for different set ups. I've always gone to my propane dealer to get em built to size. I don't know what he uses as far as hose is concerned but, they work all year 'round and they run alittle cheaper then the store bought stuff.

the

not related ) are we supposed to have a regulater between the heater and tank somewhere? i have 5lbs tank and 5 ft hose to my mr. htr/ckr. thanks

If you look at your Buddy or Big Buddy heater you will see that you have a regulator attached to where the 1 lb. tank screws on. If you are screwing the new hose or filter on at that point you do not need a regulator at the tank. If you are using the quick-connect fitting found only on the Big Buddy then you will need a regulator at the tank to keep a constant pressure.

I purchased a Big Buddy today.

They offer a 12' "black" hose with a built in regulator that also has the quick coupler to hook to the heater. It states no filter required with this setup.

It is only available in a 12' length which is longer than I need but I went with it as it seems to be the best setup. Cost for the hose kit was $35.00.