Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Random guy

Vote for best pike picture!

Well the time has come to vote for the best pike picture of 2008/09! Read through the Lets see those pike pics thread and make your vote on who you feel has the best picture and story.

Voting will end March 15th at 12:00 AM. At that time we will know who gets a free day of fishing with Outdoors with Jonny P!

GRH    0

Good luck to everyone who posted pic's. There's a bunch of nice pic's and stories. And thanks again to Jonny P for doing this.

I will once again explain this...

If a memeber does not have a picture present how are we to vote on it?

So at the time of the vote if a picture was not present in a post it does not make for a valid contender. Now a missing picture may be fixed or put back up after the fact but that is not fair to the other contenders. Pictures present within the said thread at the time of vote that was established as the close of pike season 2009 are valid entries.

"By the book" is a term I have heard a lot of latley so that is how this will go.

So if a option is not available within the poll it may be due to the fact a valid picture was not present at the time the vote was established.

I will once again explain this...

If a memeber does not have a picture present how are we to vote on it?

I think he might mean that he can't vote for anyone. Like it doesn't look like a poll or something.

thanks for putting this together!

Chadwick's got the fish and an awesome story to go with it. Thats a very impressive fish Andrew. My biggest fish was in Quetico Provincial Park. It was a pike 40"+. Those wilderness area lakes have some awesome pike.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Free agency is far from a sure thing, if there are young centers out there (big if) you have to compete with maybe 10 or 20 other teams and pay way over what you should. You have control of nothing and are at the whims of a player everyone is chasing. Same with trades, very easy to swing and miss. By most account we were in on Ryan Johansen with the Preds but Columbus wanted Jones over Brodin and I don't blame them. 
    • Good stuff but time wiill tell. Not buying the "oh we might lose him as a UFA"...so what, with that kind of money we could buy just as good and younger to give us more of a future...which we desparately need to be thinking about.  Fletch is walking a tightrope and it is going to break IMO.
    • Come on BB, you are better than that. You as much as anyone know that ONE player doesn't make an NHL Team a Stanley Cup contender so why put that blame on him. Sure, a player like Crosby certainly helps, but we aren't talking about the money that Crosby is getting here either. Comparing Koivu's contracts to equivalent players with similar production is quite compelling. He has performed better than many of his peers for his current contract and with the lower AV of his new deal if he continues similar numbers it will be a bargain. I wasn't too happy about the NMC either, but I take that as a bargaining chip so CF didn't have to go with a longer term deal. 2 years is sufficient and I think it works well for both parties. You are right, there are many people out there with more knowledge about the market and what he could have gotten elsewhere and when it may have made sense to sign him, but the fact is you don't want to wait to sign him until after the season for if no other reason at all than to allow him to be a UFA and hear other offers. This will be my last post about the Koivu extension because clearly we don't see eye to eye on whether it made/makes sense, but I assure you there are a large number of "hockey minds" that are in agreement with me on this. Here is some afternoon reading for you: https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2017/9/20/16332552/mikko-koivu-contract-extension-minnesota-wild-criticism-overpaid-chuck-fletcher-cap-space
    • Red admiral i believe.
    • Btw......for you bass purists .... a couple days before the above success, I located mostly largemouth with one smallmouth on the edge of bulrushes adjacent to a deep drop off.  Probably a dozen fish in 20 casts with a Senko. Nothing of any real size. Always fun getting fish on four or five consecutive casts.
    • Great find! I did a little research and did not find an I.D.  Hopefully someone will know what it is.
    • You are 100% correct... a guy has to be smart about it. There is nothing magic about inverters... its takes a lot of DC juice to make a little AC juice. On the flipside though, I have a 120vac 32" TV/DVD player that only draws 51 watts AC.... meaning that it should (hypothetically) only draw 4.25 amps DC. Even with a 15% draw added for the inefficiency of the inverter, I am still under 5 amp. Usually I will run the generator for a few hours between 10 am and 2 pm. Then it is off until 7 pm or so... Then I will fill it up and let it run through out the night. It will run about 9 hrs on eco, so by 4 am or so it is out of gas... but the batteries are topped off nice to run the routine again. The 4 hr run isn't necessary, but does offer some security. With a 5 and a 7 yr old fishing with me the majority of the time, the TV usually doesn't turn off during the day.
    • I believe the crawlers are not natural forage and using them as bait emulates large larvae.  
    • Like I stated earlier and others with more knowledge than anyone on here have as well..we should have waited...I also was unaware of the no trade clause which he was able to get without any less $$...pure stupidity...we'll know in 8/9 months how this pans out...it boot straps us from further improving the team with younger talent is my main issue. As far as a captain, lifelong wild...blah blah blah....if he is such a pillar, such a great player, such a leader of the team...where has he taken us? The playoff record speaks for itself....time to dump guys like Koivu at the soonest opportunity who have done all they can or at least decrease their pay in later years not increase them...they took us as far as they could...and we've already got vets like Parise, Suter, Spurgeon, Granlund, Coyle, Brodin locked in on long term deals; give one of them the C to carry us forward.  
  • Our Sponsors