Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

Morson Travel

10 posts in this topic

Is there an ice road out of Morson? How far does it go? Does it go to Miles? My buddy was telling me there was a few years back and were able to fish both crappies and walleyes off of that road. Just wondering if he is full of it. Thanks guys!

The only ice road in the Morson area is from Gills Marina to the Red Marker north of Hanson Bay. There is no road to Miles.

Bill,

There is a snowmobile trail that follows the "South track" from Hanson Bay to Miles Bay. Marked with pine boughs & an occasional stake. Not sure if it continues past Miles as that is as far as I've followed it.

The pine bough trail runs up to the entrance to Arrow Lake just north of Grassy Narrows. I didn't see anything else marked up in Miles last weekend.

No plowed roads, but guys were driving 4wd pickups in some areas on Saturday on top of the packed snow. I wouldn't do it, but they were...

Snowmobiling was perfect, however, never better...

Thanks guys. I thought they didn't, but my buddy was convinced they do. I will have to tell him. Thanks again!!

they did plow some roads for the derby but they go just as far as the point out from Mylie's. I seen quite a few pickups coming from the Manitou island area. you could go anywhere out there in the open with a 4wd. Someone took a rut plow and went out towards Fox island. as far as sled travel its the best i seen so far. there is about 4-5 inches of powder. so look out for them snowbanks. there is another derby up there on March 21. going for that one.

B-dude, thanks for the report. We're heading up Thursday afternoon...

Sounds like pretty good conditions.////

How did you do in the derby? Did you win?!!!

i didnt get anything at the derby plus I was a little late. i only got to fish the last 1 1/2 hr. i had my portable out there but there was other people using it. there was little breeze out of the west but I endured the conditions. had more fun running around and burning gas. Sounds like dad won some stuff on the raffle or something. he had a few fish but they was small. head back up on the 21st for the other derby. they got bigger prizes. still not sure when i am leaving yet. just waiting for work to call. i hate when they cant make up their mind. oh well.....hey good luck up there and I will let dad know you are heading up and that you are gonna use my portable

WT,

We'll be out west of town Friday afternoon w/3 machines possibly in the bouy 12 area. Maybe we will cross paths... Good luck!

Mad Mulcher