• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KOTC Hats, Order yours here

DTro

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for April 1 to roll around! Hopefully us Roch guys can through up some decent channels right away again this year! I haven't hit our spot yet, but when we found it last year, it does make sense that they would be in that spot at that time of the year, so I can't imagine it being any different this year.

Do you think the early season channels hold a different pattern before the water warms up or do they seem to hold the same pattern as far as locations but prefer different baits??? Did they seem less aggressive compared to the screamers i had during late season?? Hey crazyice did you get a chance to chase those channels on Roberds?? Thats my home town so just curious if you had any luck...if you make a run there this summer and need a co-captain i would love to learn some lake tactics to chasing channels...

My comments about ease of use for the consumer were not directed towards Dtro, I fully understand that he does this as a favor and for fun, not profit. I did find a place that has a minimum order of 6 hats in case a few other people have problems. I will also call my bank. Thanks. With a high of 47 on Thursday here I am getting some cabin fever.

Holy hanna between the warmer temps and daylight savings time coming up, I wish I had fewer "non fishing" things going on so I could get out and wet a line. Unfortunately, the next 4 weekends are all full of non-fishing stuff. Maybe with DST starting on Sunday I can sneak a weeknight in here and there after work.

Do you think the early season channels hold a different pattern before the water warms up or do they seem to hold the same pattern as far as locations but prefer different baits??? Did they seem less aggressive compared to the screamers i had during late season?? Hey crazyice did you get a chance to chase those channels on Roberds?? Thats my home town so just curious if you had any luck...if you make a run there this summer and need a co-captain i would love to learn some lake tactics to chasing channels...

What we found was that they set up in "staging" areas getting ready for warm water. Find some deeper water near a source of fresh water input, maybe a creek inlet or river inlet into a lake. Look for some of the deeper water in respect to what is the average water depth for that given area. Fish near the head of the deep water hole. We used the same baits as always, cutbait and maybe a crawler or two. Don't expect complete line zingers yet, but they are definitely more agressive than they are during ice season where it seems to be just subtle taps. They will pull a little clicker, but nothing like the terrors of mid to late summer.

Oh, and I have never fished Roberds for cats.