• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KOTC Hats, Order yours here

DTro

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always get the error: The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number. My card is good. If it's not PP I haven't a clue what the problem is. I buy a lot online... I missed the last cheap hat over this frown.

To he honest, I've had one incident in the past with PayPal that really torqued me.

Having said that, nothing beats the convenience of coordinating this whole deal electronically.

For example, I collected all the funds, transferred the funds to the hat place and order was placed, all from my laptop laying in bed.

Not only that, but I also have a clear clean record of all the transactions for future reference.

I guess if you feel strongly enough about not having a PayPal account or not wanting to do business with them I can totally understand that and I do apologize for that. But I see it as a necessary evil.

I guess I will go with the paper control item then. I was using a debit card and don't have another card to try. I had this problem with the outdoorpro store also which cost a sponsor a sale. I think the problem should be investigated. Who knows how many others have had this problem and went elsewhere. Seller convenience probably takes a back seat to ease of consumer use.

Man you should have seen all the problems Darren had last year. Seller convenience is a must when you have we that back out and then you are stuck paying the bill yourself.

For those that weren't able to get in on the hats Darren could they a or not just go buy one and get the kotc logo embroidered on them selves.

You sure could, or you could even contact FastTrack products in Brooklyn Park. They have the logo digitized and they could probably throw it on a hat they have in stock. If you (or anyone else for that matter) do decide to do that, keep me out of the loop and deal with them directly.

I guess I will go with the paper control item then. I was using a debit card and don't have another card to try. I had this problem with the outdoorpro store also which cost a sponsor a sale. I think the problem should be investigated. Who knows how many others have had this problem and went elsewhere. Seller convenience probably takes a back seat to ease of consumer use.

fishinJohn, I would normally agree with you that if you are buying something from a for-profit store, that store should make it as convenient as possible for the buyer to spend their money. However, Darren's not looking to maximize any type of customer base here, as he's not making any money on this situation. He's merely offering a convenient way for people to get a logo on a hat. There are no profits involved, thus no huge incentives to figure out if he can get 100% compatibility with every bank in the world.

If your debit card isn't working through paypal (one of, if not THE largest online payment processor), then you should probably call the bank and ask about it. I would be surprised if paypal is the only place where you have trouble online. It could be as simple as a flag on your account that the bank set up for fraud protection or something. Perhaps the quick flip of a switch on the bank's side could fix things up for you.

I agree, while I didn't purchase a hat this year, I did last year, and it was slick. I am sure that if you are experiencing problems with paypal, that you would have the same issues with other pay sites. I am just thankful that Darren has made it so easy.