Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishwalleye

Marcum LX3tc -- target separation

8 posts in this topic

After two years I finally found a situation where my flasher was all but useless. Mille Lacs -- 24 FOW -- rocky bottom -- zoom mode.

If it wasnt for the camera I also brought I wouldnt have known that there were fish willing to bite within 1 foot of the bottom. My bait just disappeared no matter what I tried with the flasher.

Made it really difficult --

has this happened to anyone else/any suggestions?

sharp drop off will cause that or maybe there was one big rock down there that the signal was hitting. Did you try other holes?

Thats my guess drop off or structure like a rock pile. What did you find on the bottom with the camera.

Same thing has happened to me it turns out, putting the camera down, it was a really steep incline so the signal was bouncing off that instead of showing where the bottom was.

I was fishing such sharp break on Sat that even the narrow beam of my LX-5 was still picking up the slope shocked

Yep- any large rock, or drop off on a wide beam transeducer will do that... Hence why the LX-5 is a good upgrade... even with a narrow beam as DTRO stated, you can miss the bottom..

Thanks guys -- I feel better already.

There were quite a few rocks and some did look a little bigger so, yes, I would have to agree that the signal was bouncing of the larger rocks and therefore not getting the "true" bottom.

Like I said - it was a first and wouldn't have been a problem if the fish were a little more aggressive and actually moved off of the bottom rather than having to drop it on their noses.

I was getting frustrated on tuesday fishing . my vex was doing the same thing but i was on a 9-18 ft drop off in 7ft of distance couldn't understand why i could drop my jigs down past what the bottom mark was on the vex. when i got home i realized the issue.I was putting on my s cable and wondering if it was because i was to shallow...?? but it was just the cone angle reading the highest point of bottom structure.